Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Bullying should be criminal
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/...59698.html

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CT...OttawaHome

At work today, I was browsing the News as usual and came across this story about Jamie Hubley. Makes me wonder how people can be so cruel. The School Board response angers me the most, cause its the same everywhere.

"The truth is that bullying happens –it happens in schools, it happens in workplaces and it happens in homes."

How about expelling students who consistently bully others? To harsh? Look at the alternative.

Honestly, I was bullied horribly in school, so might be a bit biased. This story touched me, because I can relate. There was a point in HS where the only reason I didnt consider a similar path, was that I promised myself earlier on that this was NOT an option, regardless of how bad it got.

And I wasn't even Out in HS.

My heart goes out to the Hubleys.

/rant

I think part of what makes this story so tragic is how supportive the parents were and how engaged the kid seemed in public activities.

Oh no not more suicide! It's so sad and upsetting that kids are taking their lives because they were getting bullied. We have to keep spreading education on love and acceptance. It astonishes me how so many people are so disrespectful to their fellow humans.

But then, too many people play ignorant and don't listen, especially those that bully. I want to know, how do we get them to listen? How is it that people committing suicide doesn't get the message through to them?

The worst part about this is that when ever bullying claims another life, we all die a little each time.

"The truth is that bullying happens –it happens in schools, it happens in workplaces and it happens in homes."

is a huge cop out. Instead of just saying it happens, they should be saying 'what can we do to stop it?'

Recently, "Harry's Law" (Kathy Bates) did a very good episode on this. I couldn't find more than a trailer, but the show is worth watching if you get a chance.

Absolutely gutted...AGAIN...devestated....Bullying that leads to a victim commiting suicide is MANSLAUGHTER, I wish the law would recognise this and start putting some of these abusive c$#@s up on those charges.

Sorry bout' the language, but that's just how strongly I despise bullies.

Quote:"We have made tremendous progress in our schools in reducing discrimination and creating a culture of acceptance,'" wrote the board's education director, Jennifer Adams.

"We are more aware, more welcoming, more culturally proficient, and more willing to speak about the 'unspokens.' However, there is more work to be done.

And the ignorant should also be punished. Tremendous progress would imply that the issues of bullying and suicide would become LESS prevalent, quiet clearly it isn't.

More aware, more welcoming? Yeah maybe they are, but they are hollow and empty words when it is only School admins being more aware and welcoming, filtering that awareness and welcoming down through the school environment is obviously NOT happene...FAIL!!!!

More work to be done???? no shit, nothing has changed in 30 years, so how much work do the pathetic creatures in the education department think they have really done?

i just wonder if he had that special friend with him, his backbone. did he have one? did he have a friend to walk with him, to be with him? i think every gay child should have that one friend. to be there. forever. be each others backbones. support each other. and make it out of school alive. it almost burst into tears when i read the paragraph about them shoving batteries down his throat. even as i write this that breaks my heart. its one of the few reasons i have wanted to be an art teacher. i want to be there at the root of all evil. the soulness i want to intervine and strike down this wall. between homophobes and gays. i want to stand up for these children. i would have never allowed it to pass. i light've broken the students fingers for doing such an act. i dont care if would lose my job. i cant bare to watch another gay be tormented.

Hmmm...I didn't get far enough into the report to read about the batteries, I was too cut up to go much further than the first paragraph :'(

[COLOR="Navy"]Sadly bullies are in every part of society has seen in the case of Natasha MacBryde aged 15 who jumped in front of a train. And the truth is there is not a lot anyone can do about it, you can pass laws but the truth is bullies will always be with us. If anyone is interested in reading the story the link is below.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new...ha-15.html [/COLOR]