Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would a hot guy want to do something with an ugly guy?
I'll try to keep it short. I'm a young man and I've to say I'm not that kind of person someone would like to date. Even though I'm in my twenties already, I still have pimples that spoil my face a lot and I'm chubby, approximately 40 pounds overweight. I do my best to take care of myself, I shower everyday, use deodorant, care for my hair, etc, but still I'm not that kind of guy someone would like to see next to him. I've never had a boyfriend, not even a hookup and I'm very quiet, introvert person.

I'm working in a shop and one of my colleagues is a unbelievably handsome guy. He looks like a male model you can see in a fashion magazines. All our female colleagues were distraught when they found out he's gay. Me and him, we've always had normal relationship, but nothing too friendly, more in a colleagues way. Most of the time I didn't even dare to look at him, as I knew for sure this guy is completely out of my reach. And now one day when I came to work, he came up to me and asked if I had plans for the evening. I said no and he then asked if I wanted to go to the cinema with him, he had two tickets. Of course, I refused, because maybe I'm ugly, but I'm not stupid and I realized immediately that there has to be some catch. A guy like him would never willingly ask out a guy like me. When I said no, he looked quite upset for some reason.

Then the next day he didn't say anything until the end of our working day when he asked if I've changed my mind about the cinema. I said no and he then decided I don't like cinema and offered some other places. I then directly asked him whom did he bet with. Although my colleagues are very nice and I doubt they would do it to me, but bet or dare was the first thing that came into my mind. That he would receive some kind of reward from someone if he took that fat, ugly guy out. He denied it all and claimed he just wanted to spend some time with me. The next day he didn't have to work, but he had left me a note to call him. I didn't.

All the time I've been thinking about the reasons behind his behavior. Why would he do it? Of course, if we discard the possibility that he likes me, because it's impossible. I know very well what I see in the mirror and no one would want to date it. But why then? He could get any guy. Why would he want to go out with me? To prove himself that he really could get any guy? Why doesn't he date someone who's more like him and shows some kind of attention to someone who probably looks so gray next to him? There's no logic at all.

Apparently what he thinks is good looking and cute..........is you!!!

Not everybody likes "model" types. A LOT of people like REAL looking people. And just because YOU think he looks like a model type, does not mean everybody else does.....even if a few do agree with you.

What I think is gorgeous and handsome is probably butt ugly to you.

I think I am ugly, but I have been called "handsome" and "cute" by several people.

everyone has their own idea of what is sexy. Something (or more than one thing) about you, he finds sexy. Why question it? Just accept it.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

MisterTinkles Wrote:Apparently what he thinks is good looking and cute..........is you!!!

Not everybody likes "model" types. A LOT of people like REAL looking people. And just because YOU think he looks like a model type, does not mean everybody else does.....even if a few do agree with you.

What I think is gorgeous and handsome is probably butt ugly to you.

I think I am ugly, but I have been called "handsome" and "cute" by several people.

^^THIS^^
Just quoting this to emphasize the genius of Mr. Tinkles again! Smile

EMH Wrote:^^THIS^^
Just quoting this to emphasize the genius of Mr. Tinkles again! Smile

You have obviously been properly and thoroughly brain-washed by me!!!
Evilgrin1 Evilgrin1 Evilgrin1 Evilgrin1 Evilgrin1 Xyxwave

One down, 200 million to go......

You are being way to hard on your self,and i bet your not ugly at all,because no one is ugly we all have our flaws but we all have our good qualities as well.No one is perfect,maybe this guy has hang ups about his self.Give yourself a chance the more you put your self down the more you will feel bad about your self,you have then trapped yourself in a vicious cycle of negativity.Think about all the good qualities you have to offer.Maybe this guy has been eyeing you up for a while,maybe you are exactly what he finds attractive in a guy.Talk to him get to no him better,you both work in the same place so you plenty of time and opportunity,give him a chance and most of all give your self a chance.,

Once you realize that everyone has a different type, and that what is hot/attractive is largely a societal construct, it makes a lot more sense.

Also; a lot of people have a 'wide' range of likes, and perhaps he isn't superficial and thus doesn't worry about questions like this.

You have a very low opinion of yourself and it seems that you have accepted you lot.

In years to come you will regret this. If you didn't like the guy, fair enough but to refuse him for no reason was silly. If you go out on a date with someone, you are both in control and how far things go depends on both of you!

In my opinion you should start living your life and stop making excuses for not doing so because one day, tomorrow will be too late.

I dont care about ugly its all about person and ive had some weird crushes. What i do find unattractive is people who have no confidence in themselves and call themselves ugly or are smelly, unclean, sorry i got bit off topic.

One of my friends isn't exactly what I would call good looking, but his last relationship was with a very handsome and fit guy who loved arts and was a singer, they lasted 4 years and only broke up because he got a scholarship on Spain, they are still in contact and there's a chance that when the two years are over and he comes back thy might resume their relationship.

Go for it.

Beauty is subjective, I have fallen in love with dudes who aren't exactly pretty in the past, but their personalities just draw me in, while mass media does it's best to unify the sense of what's pretty everyone has their own sense.