Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you eat salad from a vending machine?
Would you eat a piece of pie from the Automat?
I bid NO Trump!

As someone who loves vending machines, my answer is...no. I'd question the freshness, and anyway, salad has always seemed a personal, customized thing, at least to me.

Kesallen Wrote:As someone who loves vending machines, my answer is...no. I'd question the freshness, and anyway, salad has always seemed a personal, customized thing, at least to me.

I completely respect that... they supposedly empty these every night and donate the leftovers so it should be no more than 12 hours old. I see this as an alternative to a bag of chips or microwave sandwich, not a homemade meal. In a place like Chicago you should be able to get something made right in front of you, but in an office park or something where there is no fresh food it beats a microwave meal or a bag of cookies.

Speaking of pre-packaged salads...there are some new salad wraps on the market now that I am addicted to. The Thai peanut one is to die for. It has shredded lettuce...

[Image: 5-5oz-ThaiPeanutCrunchWrap-T-Hi.png]

Enjoy this delicious, fresh wrap that is as flavorful as it is convenient! Perfect for an “on-the-go” lunch, this restaurant-inspired recipe features artisan sesame seed tortillas, crisp iceberg lettuce and cabbage mix, white chicken, celery, fire-roasted edamame, natural sweet Thai peanut sauce, carrots, and red cabbage.

I would buy one of these from a machine I think

No. No no no no no NO!...

Now let me think about it for a moment. Nope - still no.

No. Nor vending machine sushi, which I have seen. I usually try things before forming an opinion, but in this case, no.

I will volunteer to be the guinea pig if my travels take me back to Chicago.

DEFINITELY NOT! I don't want to even start imagining the list of preservatives they must be using to keep it "fresh" for that long.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

JerseyBoy Wrote:DEFINITELY NOT! I don't want to even start imagining the list of preservatives they must be using to keep it "fresh" for that long.

They are filled every day with food packed that morning and the leftovers are removed. The only difference between this and buying a pre-made salad in the supermarket or a deli is the lack of a person handing it to you.