Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts (and mine) about gay dating apps
If a guy says hes looking to make friends and then he ignores your message, then he considers you too ugly to be friends with.

You can safely assume hes not worthy of your time or friendship.

Its happened to me.

As for apps. Pfft.

Lol @ the guys who are "i want dates and a bf" but then they wont meet without seeing a naked picture of you.

I've never tried one because I am not interested in sex with strangers or dating someone I have never met already in person.

yousir Wrote:If a guy says hes looking to make friends and then he ignores your message, then he considers you too ugly to be friends with.

You can safely assume hes not worthy of your time or friendship.

Its happened to me.

Lol and to me, when I'm in a particularly smart arse move I call the guy on it with a sarcastic comment along the lines of "oooooh didn't realise I need to be a A&F model to be someone's friebd....". It doesn't usually change their mind although once a guy who I said it to found it funny and we ended up friends lol

Honestly, we live in an age of instant gratification, the vast majority of these apps are only going to convenience those who are looking for that. In rare occasions you might meet someone who you judge after speaking with them rather than what's on their profile or how they look, but it's no more likely than finding a partner on a forum like this. With that said, the only app I've ever had success with was Growlr. I found many of the men on there were legitimately open to meeting up and starting relationships. Even still, I would get requests to unlock private photos and dick pics almost on a daily basis. My advice: don't set any intention while browsing dating apps and make your motive to have friendly chats as opposed to sex or relationships.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I don't do apps for "dating" - I have heard enough horror stories from other people to not take this particular route. Yes sometimes I do learn from the mistakes of others. Wink

There are people who have met on such sites and apps, leading to successful relationships. I think it's more an issue of staying the course, rather than getting bogged down by the often all too common "let's shag" messages.

Albie Wrote:I avoid the ones that are really known for hookups, such as Grindr, as that isn't what I am looking for.

I think OKC and to a lesser extent, POF, are more likely to lead to dates than to hookups. Where as I think it's unlikely true dates are going to be found on grindr, a4a, or the likes. I think it also takes finesse on these sites. When someone does approach you in the "hookup" way, you can casually remind a person that you are looking for something more than a fleeting moment.

I've used match, and while everyone on it is seriously looking for ltr, it has nowhere near the amount of people using it that you would otherwise find on a free site like POF or OKC. Plus, in order to talk to people, you have to pay--major downside!

The sad reality of my gay life is the fact that the ONLY way I can meet gay men is by dating apps and sites, so if I don't do that then I won't be able to get to know anyone who is like me here... I am always careful and never trusting what people say at first and if we were to meet up I would have the meeting arranged in a public place before anything evolve between us.. Also, I always ask for a face pic before I meet up with anyone and I never ask for their body pic but when they ask for my body pix I just ignore them because I am usually more into having a convo and finding someone with the same interests than exchanging cock and ass pix... we all know what that looks like so idk why people ask to see it! They're all the same.. lol

verysimple Wrote:... we all know what that looks like so idk why people ask to see it! They're all the same.. lol
:eek:

un, no.

I do understand what you're trying to say but, no.

MikeW Wrote::eek:

un, no.

Uh, no.. what? A dick's a dick. That's that! We get it already, How about we see things beyond that meat stick... Like, character traits? Personality qualities? U K?...

MikeW Wrote::eek:

un, no.

verysimple Wrote:Uh, no.. what? A dick's a dick. That's that! We get it already, How about we see things beyond that meat stick... Like, character traits? Personality qualities? U K?...

I get both your points.

Dicks do not all look the same. BUT there is nothing special, to me, about seeing a dick on it's own. And that goes for all dicks, so in that sense, all dicks are the same.

Much rather see some feet Smile

yousir Wrote:I get both your points.

Dicks do not all look the same. BUT there is nothing special, to me, about seeing a dick on it's own. And that goes for all dicks, so in that sense, all dicks are the same.

Much rather see some feet Smile

I get that feet are a fetish of yours... But shouldn't personality be a bigger part of the package?