Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
date a 16yo?
Well there is a boy I like and he likes me back, not that he has actually said it. He's bi and is teaching me how to skate (I fail so far Big Grin). He is sixteen and I'm ninteen and then comes the issues dose age matter when there is a 3year difference at my age. I'm not expecting much from this post probablly just what I already think.

Josh, it depends where you want to take it, and how mature your 16-year-old friend is... Is he at least gay? Or maybe you aren't sure yet.... I don't think three years' difference is very meaningful, and it gets less important as you grow older too... Best of luck with this one, mate.

princealbertofb Wrote:Josh, it depends where you want to take it, and how mature your 16-year-old friend is... Is he at least gay? Or maybe you aren't sure yet.... I don't think three years' difference is very meaningful, and it gets less important as you grow older too... Best of luck with this one, mate.

For me I want a relationship so dose he. He has told me he is bi. we've been talking and hanging out for about a week. I'm usually a very good judge of people too.

In that case, Josh, let it flow.... and enjoy the company. Confusedmile:

From a legal point of view, there is nothing wrong with a 19 and 16 year old dating.

From a moral point of view, there is nothing wrong with a 19 year old dating a 16 year old.

Most 16 year old are at least as mature, sometimes more mature, than 19 year olds, and with a few years between you there is still a lot of room for you to share common interestes and move in similar social circles.

as with all relationships, the most important thing is respect, so if you are both happy together, then there is no real reason why you shouldn't date.

Herein lies the problem with dead set age of consent. You have kids who are 18+ a couple years who are in a relationship with ones a couple years less than 18. just a few years down the road nobody would bat an eye at say a 24 year old dating an 18 year old (or marrying for that matter).

Legally you have to follow the law of the land. In only 2 years he most likely will be legal (unless NZ has a higher age).

Of course there is the old Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy, it is actually good for more than just military....

age of consent in NZ is 16, and NZ is seen as being more liberal with same sex relationship then Australia.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Herein lies the problem with dead set age of consent. You have kids who are 18+ a couple years who are in a relationship with ones a couple years less than 18. just a few years down the road nobody would bat an eye at say a 24 year old dating an 18 year old (or marrying for that matter).

Legally you have to follow the law of the land. In only 2 years he most likely will be legal (unless NZ has a higher age).

Of course there is the old Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy, it is actually good for more than just military....

Law here is 16+ so its ok and if the law said other wise well I'm not sure I would even think about dating him. I usually like to stay within the law.

Actually Bowyn, for most of the developed world, and actually much of the US, the age of consent is 16. The 18 thing is so widely thought because most American media is produced out of California or New York, which have 18 and 17 as ages of consent respectively.

A lot of countries also recognize close in age exemptions, to prevent things like a 16 year old dating a 15 year old being illegal.

http://www.avert.org/age-of-consent.htm

Fascinating that some countries age of consent is as low as 13, that would be open to abuse. Some as high as 21 and quiet a lot it is still illegal.

The average is 16 years old, which I think is a reasonable age, but the age of consent does allow for younger teens to legally experiment with other younger teens, so yeah, many countries do have provisions to allow a limited age difference inside the age of consent.