Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
depressed
I'm actually looking for advice when it comes to my partner / fiancé. He's been battling depression for a few months. Right now it's gotten to the point of him not wanting to get out of bed in the morning. He also seems really short fused towards people around him... any suggestions on what I can do?

I think the best you can do is to show how you love him to make him earn self confidence. Else he must see a professionnal. Be natural, help him cause you love him. I have friends in the same case, that made their relationship very solid.

Good luck...

Thanks for the feedback he's aware of how I feel about him I'm just. It sure how to help him.

One bit of advice I can give is be understanding. Ive struggled with depression since I was a teen and when my bf gets mad at me for it it just makes it worse.

Oh I don't get mad at him for it. We talked about it tonight, I'm wondering if it's a hormone in balance maybe?

It may be. I take several medications for depression and anxiety, and they really help a lot. If he gets depressed and honestly has no answer when you ask him what is wrong then it probably is. My bf would ask why I was upset and I would try and think of even one reason and couldn't sometimes. The meds were something I bucked against but it really does help.

We talked about mess it took me 6 months to maybe convince him yonder a doctor. He said he's not in to the idea of taking medication.

As a depressed person who just got out of an unsupportive marriage, my best advice is to give him complete support and understanding no matter how bad he is with himself. The worse thing you can ever do towards someone with depression is blame them. He's not in control of the depression. The depression is in control of him. If you bear with him and just stand by his side, he'll be very thankful towards you in the end. If he's up for it, I would also suggest therapy. It really does help if you can afford it and he's willing. Otherwise, don't push him into it.

We talked about that too as my employee benefits filly cover it. He's got nothing but support from me and that will continue. It's hard to see him like this, it took an hour for him to want to get out of bed today

I was really against meds too, so I understand. Sometimes people just get in a slump and aren't very happy for awhile and meds aren't for everyone. I would try and figure out what is causing his depression and start from there.