Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
homophobe gets a$$ kicked
I'm like Gillette the best a man can get also i will cut you

I passed this thread up when I first saw it because of something in the OP.....

Quote:...... this is one huge reason why I didn't join the military, I'm not risking my life for a country full of bigots.

I did join the military. And I can tell you from experience in at least half the states, this country is not full of bigots. In fact you have to go out of your way to hunt bigots like the guy this article is about. I didn't risk my life for bigots either. I risked it for my country and to do my part as someone who loves it, not for the government but for the people.

As for what [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] said about standing up to people and also defending gays. I've already done more than my fair share of both for a lifetime as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to go the rest of my life without feeling the need to give anyone a beat down and as long as they keep their shit out of my face it's all good.

2007 in San Diego I went off base with five other marines one night. A drag queen we'd all seen before came out of a sandwich shop up the block ahead of us walking the same direction. When she got to the corner three guys jumped out of a car and started beating her bad. I took off running to help her without even thinking about it. The other marines lagged behind a few seconds but caught up with me - not so much to protect her but to help another marine out. It was nothing close to a fair fight and only lasted about 15 seconds. The driver in the car took off with 3 doors open, side swiped one car and went head on with another. He ate a steering wheel and he came out looking better than the other three. None of us had a scratch or even dirt on our uniforms. The three on the sidewalk didn't even try to get up until the cops were there. Hahahahaha! By that time there was a crowd of gays all thanking us and being as nice as they could be... to us. We had to keep a few of them from kicking the guys we'd roughed up. Had they gotten up and ran they'd have been fair game for the mob.

But here's the funny part. We might have gotten in trouble for it but we figured a way out of it. All we had to tell the Sarge and the LT was that all we saw was three guys jump out and start beating a woman like we had no idea who she really was. Playing it that way everyone was fine with it.

After that anytime we were out on the strip where most of the gay bars were it was like all of them were our new best friends. That made a real good impression on the straight guys I hung out with back then.

Then the last time I had to do something like that was 2013 at the closest gay bar, five hours away on the other side of the state. I had gone out to my redneck chevy diesel truck to get Brazil nuts I snack on (crazy diet doesn't allow peanuts, dang it) I saw guys drive by looking suspicious and stayed at my truck and saw them go around the block. I got in the truck and started it up to stay warm. Sure enough they came back around but this time throwing rocks at parked cars. I pulled out from the other side of the road, blocked their way showing them my badge in one hand and beretta in the other. Hahahaha! The driver looked over his shoulder thinking about backing up and making a run. There were at least a dozen gays and lesbians coming at them, and at least four of them had guns.

Those four dumb asses were real glad to turn off the engine, hand me the keys and sit there until the Sioux City cops arrived.

I'm not going to talk about any of the others until the statutes of limitations run out on them.

As much as it pains me to admit it, my own experience was much different from East's.

I was that sensitive, insecure and weak young gay kid that got abused in middle & high school. It carried over into life because it had become the only reality I knew. And I can pretty much zero in on the time I began to get bullied, which was when I started gym class in middle school. I've thought about it often, and the only answer I can come up for this point both to my age (I was the youngest in my class, up to two and three years behind others) and the fact that I was/am intrinsically, overtly gay. When finally confronted with the stereotype boy I was supposed to be in gym class, it became clear to everyone that I was "different".

A good many of us got bullied when we were young. I was no different. Like everyone, I have a story. But it isn't the worst story I've ever heard. Still, it happened to me, and unfortunately it shaped the rest of my life. Some things stay with you even when you've done everything possible to lay them to rest.

Mark & I have learned to fight well enough to defend ourselves. But it wasn't always that way for me. I read the OP story when it was fresh and cheered for that couple. I'm not cheering that gay people have had to resort to violence yet again to claim the simple right of living life. I'm cheering because the taste is so sweet compared to when I think about Matthew Shepard and Tyler Clementi and thousands of other nameless guys out there who weren't quite so strong. Who trusted the wrong people. Who lost themselves to persons of hate. I'm cheering because once upon a time I was one of the nameless too.

These are the G.S. baddies huh?
Thank heavens I was pregnant by only 3 of you..

*Shakes Head*

Virge Wrote:I passed this thread up when I first saw it because of something in the OP.....

I did join the military. And I can tell you from experience in at least half the states, this country is not full of bigots. In fact you have to go out of your way to hunt bigots like the guy this article is about. I didn't risk my life for bigots either. I risked it for my country and to do my part as someone who loves it, not for the government but for the people.

As for what [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] said about standing up to people and also defending gays. I've already done more than my fair share of both for a lifetime as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to go the rest of my life without feeling the need to give anyone a beat down and as long as they keep their shit out of my face it's all good.

2007 in San Diego I went off base with five other marines one night. A drag queen we'd all seen before came out of a sandwich shop up the block ahead of us walking the same direction. When she got to the corner three guys jumped out of a car and started beating her bad. I took off running to help her without even thinking about it. The other marines lagged behind a few seconds but caught up with me - not so much to protect her but to help another marine out. It was nothing close to a fair fight and only lasted about 15 seconds. The driver in the car took off with 3 doors open, side swiped one car and went head on with another. He ate a steering wheel and he came out looking better than the other three. None of us had a scratch or even dirt on our uniforms. The three on the sidewalk didn't even try to get up until the cops were there. Hahahahaha! By that time there was a crowd of gays all thanking us and being as nice as they could be... to us. We had to keep a few of them from kicking the guys we'd roughed up. Had they gotten up and ran they'd have been fair game for the mob.

But here's the funny part. We might have gotten in trouble for it but we figured a way out of it. All we had to tell the Sarge and the LT was that all we saw was three guys jump out and start beating a woman like we had no idea who she really was. Playing it that way everyone was fine with it.

After that anytime we were out on the strip where most of the gay bars were it was like all of them were our new best friends. That made a real good impression on the straight guys I hung out with back then.

well that was a nicer way of putting it then what you sent to me before. I do thank you for your service and it's great that you feel proud to defend your country, but everyone else is not lucky enough to travel to these fabulous places where gays can walk hand in hand down the street without having to worry about being bashed or have military training with marines to back them up. where I'm from there's a lot more people like the guys who beat up the cross dresser and the guys throwing rocks, I'll call them guys who don't like gay people since you don't want me to use the word "bigot". you know, the guys you couldn't beat up or introduce to your lover at the time because of DADT.

being a masculine male no one assumes I'm gay so I get to hear how people really feel about gays and their comments about how "gay people are disgusting" or "nasty ass faggots" or "we beat faggots around my way" or the most recent "I miss playing smear the queer". and sure you could beat some sense into the person but what if it's your aunt or grandmother or cousin or sister or father. you should have seen the look of disgust on my coworkers faces when I told them if I had a gay son I wouldn't beat him.

and as a black man I've been called the N word a few times before which is low compared to those with darker skin and to make it worse two of the times were by children meaning some asshole who doesn't like people of other races (there's a word for that) is teaching it to these kids. and no they weren't singing along to a Drake song or trying to fit in to black culture, the exact words of one encounter was "what are you doing here nigger".

so I'm sorry if my big ass reason offends you I'm a sensitive person and yes I know every single person in this country is not a bigot but I still have a choice not to serve whatever the reason. maybe one day I can afford to travel to these other places or even better move to these places where gay-ethnic hating people don't exist.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Where you live can't be any worse than this place was when I moved here a little over 4 years ago. As far as they could tell it was two straight guys, ex marines moving into a house. They only suspected we were gay and were only half right. They formed a neighborhood protection association to organize a move to get us to leave. My yard was trashed a few times. I had dead animals and notes left on my door step. But I wasn't moving.

I fought back in a gentler way, by becoming involved and making it harder and harder for them to hate me over something that really didn't matter. I became involved with everyone and everything I could so they'd have to interact with me, get to know me on a personal level where they could ask questions instead of living on their assumptions.

As of this time last year they all decided they didn't want "us" to leave. Guess who hates us now? hahahaha! The closet queens who've been here all their lives thinking no one knows abut them. They won't even speak to us in public... and try to talk more shit about us than the straight people were doing in the beginning.

And you don't have to travel to all sorts of other places to find good people. To find them the first thing you have to do is admit to yourself that your shitty attitude about them is 50% of the problem. Once you do that, you can fix your attitude and find ways to help them fix theirs.

And as far as the who "bigot' thing goes the way you're describing it - ever heard of self fulfilling prophecy? You seem to think there's a racist hiding behind every tree and that's exactly what you will see. Start seeing people as being no different, no better, and no less perfect than you are and you might find ways to get along better with them.

I really feel sorry for you - but not for where you live or the color of your skin, but for the attitude you're showing that prevents you from stepping out and being more a part of the world.

Everything you've talked about can be solved the old fashioned way... by becoming more understanding, helping others understand -- one person at a time. It's not rocket science or loaves of bread and fishes shit either.

As far as walking down the street here in town with my guy. I earned it with my own sweat and labor-- and the people here understand and respect that. I didn't organize any marches or go around bashing bakeries. It was all one person at a time - making it harder and harder for them to hate me the more they got to know me.

Wow they sound like they were nearly just kids, what a coward. Why didn't he go find their co, Parents,for that matter. . I hate to see people like that walk the streets I'm glad that's who he ran into

sorry [MENTION=21084]Virge[/MENTION] not everyone can be as strong as you.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

ceez Wrote:sorry [MENTION=21084]Virge[/MENTION] not everyone can be as strong as you.
Why not?