Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do i explain myself?
hey everyone long time no post here. i've been super busy the last few weeks but now i find myself alone and in a bit of a predicament. so heres the story...

yesterday i made a new facebook that lied about my age just so i can play this new game that requires you b over 21 thats called pot farm. i used my email i also use to make craigslist personals posts. so yes ive been found out i used craigslist several times and arranged meetings with several different guys... anyway i havent used that emai for that purpose in almost 2 months because i got over that trip and i started looking for real guys... anyway all my messages, however, were still in that email and before i wentt to bed i 4got 2 log out. now i live with my best friend and her mom and guess who happened to find my open email on their computer? my friends mom... and who could resist peeking at someones emails where the first line you read is 18 yr old btm seeks younger masculine top..... anyways so she read through a couple, enough to get the jist of what id been doing and had a heart to heart talk with me on our way to her other property... anyway the problem isnt with her its with my best friend (even though i am totally embarased and still in shock) . at first my friends mom thought it was her daughter not me and called her downstairs... i was still sleeping and BOTH of them went through my emails... and she was cold and indifferent to me the whole day... i was separated from her when her ma talked to me and hadn't seen her b4 then... now im alone at the house and i called her to see what she was doing ad she had made plans with our other good friends without me and she knows im just sitting here alone. we are inseparable. we do just about everything together and have been through more than anyone could understand... how do i get us through this new obstacle? her mom hinted that she felt hurt that i didnt tell her about all the guys i was meeting, because she tells me about all her romantic affairs... and she feels like i have a secret life im trying to hide from her... i dont know how to explain why i was doing what i was to her in a way that she'll understand, which is why i never told her in the first place.... i just dont know what to do.

I feel like your friends mom shouldn't feel hurt because your sex life is none of her business. Plus those e-mails are 2 months old. I'm also going to assume for now that your best friend is feeling the same hurt that her mom is feeling. For now your best bet is to remain neutral and lay low. Soon enough your friend will reach out in some fashion, and then you can approach her to find out what her deal is.

I really hope they aren't punishing you for keeping your sex life discreet. It really is up to you if you wish to share that information or not, not their decision.

Anyway, thats my two cents. I hope it helps. I think things will blow over soon enough though

Hey - wondered where you had got to - good to see you back!

I really think its a case of waiting for her to get over it. She's a close friend from what you say and seems to feel upset that you havent shared that part of your life - well she has to deal with it and move on, and I am sure she will.

They should realise that you too have a right to feel hurt, I mean if you come across a friends emails the moment you realise you should close them and apologise.

Give her some time and space to gather her thoughts, then give her a call and see if you can get together for a chat. Share with her whatever you feel comfortable - in any relationship (including friendships) communication is key, explain to her why this was a private issue and she should understand. I am sure it will all come good in the end Confusedmile:

Sounds like your friend needs time to lick whatever wounds she imagines she has. You have every right to keep your activities to yourself. As for her mum discussing her own private life with you, isn't that just a little, umm, weird (if I understood that bit correctly. It was a little ambiguous)?

How does someone dare to read your emails? And then talk to you about it? They are your email and it is your life. You can do whatever you want to. Sure, they do have the right to be hurt cuz you didn't tell them, but I think the best you can do is just say that you like to have some things in your private life that others don't have to know about. I mean, it's something personal. And I'm not saying you should be mean when saying it. Just...be honest.
They'll get over it. You didn't do anything wrong.