Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i became what i hate most
I don't tolerate my body hair. I don't think it makes anybody look any less handsome, wouldn't mind a little bit on another guy, but I personally just feel more comfortable with it off.
Be careful. Being gay in Turkey? Do you have any idea what would happen to you if you got caught? My goodness.

I dont believe strangerrr is in Turkey anymore... but he has written about his sexual adventures there also... very interesting!

I think strangerrr is saying he does not want to remove his body hair. I agree. I think he is also saying that he believes he is becoming like the other gays who have preferences in how a guy looks which he thought was "shallow" and is causing him mental anguish!

He wants to be with another guy, but fears being rejected due to his body hair, doesnt want to shave/remove his body hair, rejects men who are not interested in his type and the circle goes on and on...

In a small city it is a problem. Sometimes one finds love when they are least expecting it... Dont give up strangerrr Bump

Seems to me you have a choice to make, Strangerrr. Keep your appearance as you are and look for that furry muscular guy who's out there for you somewhere. OR... follow Aeneas' advice and try to fit more into the gay American ideal of physical attraction. If getting laid is your goal, hair removal may be the way to go (but it's no guarantee). If you want a long-term partner who is more interested in who you are than how you look, you might skip the hair removal.

What we find attractive is part our own preferences and part our culture's influences. I find some guys who have plenty of hair attractive, and some guys who are smooth. There's a lot more to it for me.

I think the greatest sin of the 21st century is men who shave/wax or have body hair removed.

As the rumor around here being spread, I would date Sasquatch - That tall, hair covered mythical man Wink

There are guys like me who prefer a nice pelt on their man.

The way I look at it, it is fundamentally wrong to betray who you are in order to catch a mate. I believe that honesty about who you are is important, and if not shaving or waxing is who you really are, then stick with it and find a guy who will appreciate that hair.

There are guys who want that - yeah maybe not as many as in Turkey, but there is sufficient diversity in the culture here in the USA that they exist.

If it bothers you to change and become that which you hate, then I assure you if you do change to meet some ideal in order to catch a mate, you will grow to resent them and eventually hate them. Thus the relationship will never flower to its full potential, and you won't be happy, and most likely they won't as well.

Stay true to yourself. Whatever that may mean.

Chase Wrote:I don't tolerate my body hair. I don't think it makes anybody look any less handsome, wouldn't mind a little bit on another guy, but I personally just feel more comfortable with it off.
Be careful. Being gay in Turkey? Do you have any idea what would happen to you if you got caught? My goodness.

i am now in the states. i lived in turkey for a long time as an asylum seeker. there, i explored my gay side. it was a mutual admiration, i liked them and they liked for who i am. that, sometimes they took it a bit extreme. many guys would only date hairy guys. also sometimes facial hair (especially a mustache) is a must. not only in turkey, but also in the Mediterranean and some other central EU countries region, they preferred hairy men.
but here it is kinda different. i do have too much hair, and i am ok with it.
and also it is not that bad being gay in turkey, i enjoyed it Wink

fjp999 Wrote:I dont believe strangerrr is in Turkey anymore... but he has written about his sexual adventures there also... very interesting!

I think strangerrr is saying he does not want to remove his body hair. I agree. I think he is also saying that he believes he is becoming like the other gays who have preferences in how a guy looks which he thought was "shallow" and is causing him mental anguish!

He wants to be with another guy, but fears being rejected due to his body hair, doesnt want to shave/remove his body hair, rejects men who are not interested in his type and the circle goes on and on...

In a small city it is a problem. Sometimes one finds love when they are least expecting it... Dont give up strangerrr Bump

exactly buddy! i am in the states now. i am really ok with my hairy body. i know there will be a lot of guys who would never mind my furry body, but unfortunately they are not my type. while guys i am into will not be that into me. I never was picky, i thought. but here i found out that i actually have a type; more specifically i would prefer guys on other guys. guys who take care of themselves, and at least hwp. c'm on, i take care of my diet and work out.
but still, if i am allowed to have a type then others are allowed to have their type too.

fjp999 Wrote:I dont believe strangerrr is in Turkey anymore... but he has written about his sexual adventures there also... very interesting!

exactly!
i believe if i am allowed to have a type, then other guys should have their type too.
my type was very common in Turkey. Guys who take care of themselves, at least hwp and go for more natural looking guys.

Geminize Wrote:Seems to me you have a choice to make, Strangerrr. Keep your appearance as you are and look for that furry muscular guy who's out there for you somewhere. OR... follow Aeneas' advice and try to fit more into the gay American ideal of physical attraction. If getting laid is your goal, hair removal may be the way to go (but it's no guarantee). If you want a long-term partner who is more interested in who you are than how you look, you might skip the hair removal.

What we find attractive is part our own preferences and part our culture's influences. I find some guys who have plenty of hair attractive, and some guys who are smooth. There's a lot more to it for me.

oh well, the furry muscular guys are just a fantasy for me. since they do exist,but they go for smoothish boyish looks.
as you said, what we find attractive is very cultural thing. back in Turkey, they always appreciated the more natural looking men who take care of themselves.i really don't care if a guy is hairy or smooth, unless it is natural and also he takes care of himself and has a somewhat healthy life style.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I think the greatest sin of the 21st century is men who shave/wax or have body hair removed.

As the rumor around here being spread, I would date Sasquatch - That tall, hair covered mythical man Wink

There are guys like me who prefer a nice pelt on their man.

The way I look at it, it is fundamentally wrong to betray who you are in order to catch a mate. I believe that honesty about who you are is important, and if not shaving or waxing is who you really are, then stick with it and find a guy who will appreciate that hair.

There are guys who want that - yeah maybe not as many as in Turkey, but there is sufficient diversity in the culture here in the USA that they exist.

If it bothers you to change and become that which you hate, then I assure you if you do change to meet some ideal in order to catch a mate, you will grow to resent them and eventually hate them. Thus the relationship will never flower to its full potential, and you won't be happy, and most likely they won't as well.

Stay true to yourself. Whatever that may mean.

well i already started thinking i am becoming more shallow for having a type, so if i do shave or wax i think i will hate myself. i really have nothing against men who shave or wax. it is just not my thing. i like it natural.
where i come from it could be natural to be very hairy, so guys are ok with that. but here, it seems it is natural to be less hairy. cultural and ethnic differences exist, and as a rational person i accept it.
it is totally your right to like'em smooth or hairy or not even care about the whole situation Smile

If all your looking for are the shallow qualities in others, then thats all youre going to end up with.

If you check out the "Daddy of the Day" thread on here, you will see that PLENTY of people like hairy guys.

Personally, if I were shallow....Id be picking ONLY hairy men.

Went to this small "hole in the wall" bar one time. I was sitting at a small table with bar stools around it waiting for a friend to show up.
As I was waiting, I was people watching....something I like to do anyway. As I was looking around at people and what they were doing, wearing, or saying...I noticed this tall man with a beard standing near the bar on the other wall of the bar.
As I was sitting there looking at him, trying to get a better picture in the dark (WHY cant there be bright bars?)......I noticed he was wearing a sleeveless black sweater with a vest over it. I thought that was weird, but some people like to create thier own fashion statements.
This tall mans boyfriend showed up, unbottoned his vest and started rubbing his hands all over this guys sweater. As they moved closer to the bar, the light hit this mans sweater.
It was NO sweater at all!! It was THICK, BLACK chest hair!!!!

My legs went so numb, I couldnt stay on my barstool! I had to prop myself up against the wall!!!

So dont think there isnt anyone out there who doesnt like a LOT of fur.