Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i would never date a man with kids
not all children whose parents aren't together come from "broken homes"
i know someone who split up with her boyfriend very amicably (they have one child together) and the kid is perfectly happy and well looked after by both of her families .

Radbot42 Wrote:oh wow, having kids doesn't mean your bi. several gay couples of both genders' have or want kids. I plan on having kids when i fall for my perfect man. You don't even have to do it the old fashioned way anymore to have 'em.

Not talking about adoption.

Its different if your partners child is your child too, then your love is equal, not just pretend.

partis Wrote:I can take anything you can give sugar pie.

I wasnt being nasty, though also i didnt really think what i was saying, i guess you can have children and be gay.

Its just id selfishly never want a third person in my relationship.

I have an old-fasioned idea people should stick together for there children though i realise for some its unavoidable.

Oh please. You may not have noticed, but you were twelve sorts of nasty just by making this thread. Don't try to sweeten it up.

Firstly, you insult people for not having successful past relationships. People aren't damaged goods just because they are undesirable to you. Nobody tries to create "broken homes" for their children when they split up, either. Sometimes relationships just don't work out, even when they have a child between them. That doesn't make you better than them. It's just life.

Then you go and treat others' sexuality as inferior to yours just because they have a child or because they are bi. So fucking what? Just don't date them then, but stop treating others as second-class citizens. Guess what though? They turn their noses up at your snotty ass too. Deal with it.

megumidesu Wrote:not all children whose parents aren't together come from "broken homes"
i know someone who split up with her boyfriend very amicably (they have one child together) and the kid is perfectly happy and well looked after by both of her families .

Kids are good at being happy. There still missing out on something.

partis Wrote:Kids are good at being happy. There still missing out on something.

all kids miss out on something . that doesn't mean that they're going to suffer or be screwed up or have a horrible life because their home life isn't completely traditional.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by VileKyle View Post
It's okay. They want nothing to do with you either. Cheers!

No need to be nasty"

But Kyle is SO GOOD at it!!!!
Evilgrin1 Evilgrin1 Evilgrin1

VileKyle Wrote:Firstly, you insult people for not having successful past relationships. People aren't damaged goods just because they are undesirable to you. Nobody tries to create "broken homes" for their children when they split up, either.

I didnt insult anyone for not having successful past relationships, when children arent involved, when two grown-ass adults decide to have a child!

Im damaged goods, i dont care about that.

Oh so what are they fucking trying to do then.

At least in some other cultures family is still important

Radbot42 Wrote:oh wow, having kids doesn't mean your bi. several gay couples of both genders' have or want kids. I plan on having kids when i fall for my perfect man. You don't even have to do it the old fashioned way anymore to have 'em.

Exactly, there are many options even for having your own biological child. Even for straight couples having children is not automatically happened, no matter what.

partis Wrote:I can take anything you can dish out sugar plum

I wasnt being nasty, though also i didnt really think what i was saying, i guess you can have children and be gay.

Its just id selfishly never want a third person in my relationship.

I have an old-fasioned idea people should stick together for there children though i realise for some its unavoidable.

Yep, you really did not think that through...
People should stick together for the children, hmm... So they stay together without loving each other anymore/ not getting along and the children are growing in this "lovely" atmosphere. Does that sound like a happy home, when both parents are suffering and trapped?

partis Wrote:Not talking about adoption.

Its different if your partners child is your child too, then your love is equal, not just pretend.

Parents with adopted kids are just pretending to be the child's parents? Or a stepparent can't love a child like a "real" parent can?

partis Wrote:Kids are good at being happy. There still missing out on something.

Are you sure?

Can a kid be happy with a single parent? Sure.

Can gays have kids without having sex with the other sex? Sure. (adoption, legal custody, and artificial insemination)

What is one of the WORST things you can say to someone you dont know very well (as far as dating goes)? "My kids will always come first". Well, if you have kids and the other person has not run for the hills already, then its a "given" that your kids come first. Otherwise you would be a horrible parent.

BUT....by stressing this out loud, you are implying that you are NOT ready for a relationship with another person, and that they are going to be nothing more than a "stop gap" measure to "fill your void" on a temporary basis. And who wants to be a human plug for your emotional trip down the road of insecurity and head games?

For me, I dont think I would really care, as long as they were at least teenagers or older.
I dont want to be involved with younger kids.

And I CERTAINLY do NOT want someone who is "still friends" with their ex!!!!

partis Wrote:I didnt insult anyone for not having successful past relationships, when children arent involved, when two grown-ass adults decide to have a child!

Im damaged goods, i dont care about that.

Oh so what are they fucking trying to do then.

At least in some other cultures family is still important

Not everything is a fantasy story book written up for your pleasure. Families break up, and it has nothing to do with the kids. Now stop blaming others for your problems. Just because your childhood didn't go as planned, doesn't mean parents who split up are at fault in any way. Family is important to them, but the relationship within a couple doesn't always work out as planned. You aren't better than any of them just because you "believe" in a fairy tale family.