Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice asap!
so like, i wanna sleep tonight, a good sleep/ but i keep having nightmares about being tortured and stuff and im scared. and when im having them sometimes i can realise im just dreaming but i still have no controll over how the dream happens which makes it scaryer. how can i go to sleep without having those dreams?

Do you have someone you can trust to talk to about this?...I mean trust in person versus the internet. I feel bad for you and hope that you have someone in your life you can count on. It helps to talk these things through with someone...

You might want to find some of the dream websites as well where people who deal with this all the time can help you instantly.

I wish you luck...and a good night sleep.

You should try to build up a nice and positive environment before you are going to sleep. Maybe drink a cup of coffee or tea.... watch some Cartoons... or positive movies.
Take a look on the meditation-music-thread look for a silent kind of music you like and meditate some minutes before lay down.... maybe don´t switch off the light.
If you try to sleep close you eyes and think at beautiful things... and think things like "I have a good night.... I feel warm and sure... I have nice dreams"
You can learn to wake up yourself if you have a nightmare.... If you are in a bad-dream try to think " I am Sure, this is a dream" .. Or " I wake up, now ! "
All this things work... but maybe not at the first few nights ... so don´t give up to try the tipps.

if you have any stress on your mind that could be your problem, just when you got to bed close your eyes and think about positive things and even if you do have a nightmare what i do to get out of them (this is gonna sound really silly) but i squnit my eyes really tight then release them, i don't know if its a talent or if anyone can do it, also getting a hug from a loved one helps, haha, i know silly reply but you never it could work! Sleep tight xo Smile

ZombieSlayer Wrote:so like, i wanna sleep tonight, a good sleep/ but i keep having nightmares about being tortured and stuff and im scared. and when im having them sometimes i can realise im just dreaming but i still have no controll over how the dream happens which makes it scaryer. how can i go to sleep without having those dreams?
buy a lava lamp, usually when i stare at it and think of good things it helps me go to sleep

I'm wondering how lucid some of these dreams are, and whether you feel you have any control over your thoughts and actions when you're having them?

if you can identify a key moment when these events are about to happen - I'm proposing that you may be able to wake yourself up before these bad things happen, a sort of pre-emptive strike. I would concur with all of the above posts in saying that a positive warm environment, preferably with company aware of the situation, would be of great benefit to your state of mind.

the subconscious is often a very frightening place, but it is also fragile and incapable of doing you any real harm. When I was young I used to like horror films, and my overactive imagination made them into so much more, you end up feeding your demons by being afraid of them.

wishing you all the best.

ZombieSlayer Wrote:so like, i wanna sleep tonight, a good sleep/ but i keep having nightmares about being tortured and stuff and im scared. and when im having them sometimes i can realise im just dreaming but i still have no controll over how the dream happens which makes it scaryer. how can i go to sleep without having those dreams?

Before bed tune into some relaxation music such as enigma/enya.. Dont allow dreams to play on your mind... All dreams mean something about your state of well being in life or it could be a case your either eating before bed or watching films... Watch a comedy before bed so your mind is opccupied elsewhere and dont worry these dreams will eventually pass away..

Well i started having chronic nightmares when i was 14 or so. To be honest i'm still having them offten.
I never really found a way of making them go away. I just got used to it, And now most nightmares don't bother me much at all.(Once i've woken up that is, if it didn't scare you while you were dreaming it, it wouldn't be a nightmare, would it.:tongueSmile
So...err....yeah. I don't really have any advice. Sorry.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so