Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why is there only an attachment to people ive slept with? /:
I dont know what it is... but ive realised that i only get emotionally attached to people ive slept with.. like if i havent slep with them, im not emotionally attached at all.. whats going on with this?? Sad

Physical intimacy can increase the feelings of emotional attachment, but it shouldn't be a requirement, especially at your young age. Is there a counselor or someone you can speak with? If you have problems like this that are weighing on your mind, there's not a lot strangers on a board can do... you probably need to seek the help of a professional. And this isn't mean to be bad in any way, I've had lots of friends that have seen people because of issues ranging from esteem issues to depression to anxiety.

jbrowder24 Wrote:Physical intimacy can increase the feelings of emotional attachment, but it shouldn't be a requirement, especially at your young age. Is there a counselor or someone you can speak with? If you have problems like this that are weighing on your mind, there's not a lot strangers on a board can do... you probably need to seek the help of a professional. And this isn't mean to be bad in any way, I've had lots of friends that have seen people because of issues ranging from esteem issues to depression to anxiety.

my mom wont take me to a counsilor... so idk what to do now... im so depressed... i hate that i cant have the same emotion with people that i havent slept with...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Are there any alternatives through schoo'l, the community, etc? Or just even an adult figure you trust and can talk with?

At the very least, you should do some reflecting on your first couple experiences. You don't have to say here but think about who they were with; what you felt; how they might be shaped your early development. Perhaps if you can figure out the roots to this, you can begin to find a way to connecting to people without sex.

Sorry I can't be of more help... no psych degrees or anything here... but I wish you luck.