Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cultural appropriation - what it means to you?
If it's called cultural appropriation, then it's proving, by some of us adopting habits and tendencies, that integration is working, or that a welcome is being sent out to minorities, in terms of trends and admired behaviours and fashions! If we expect minorities to adapt to our own culture, without returning the honour, that would be patronising and selfish.  If we choose to wear what they wear, and we're doing it for simple, un-political statement reasons, that should be all there is to it.  If an Englishman, in Britain, orders out, should he avoid all but traditionally English/British food types and combinations, so that he doesn't get an "Indian" meal?...or, a "Chinese" meal type?...so that he can't be accused of appropriation?  If integration is so important, wouldn't what the Left describe as "appropriation" merely be a sign that a little more integration has just taken place?

If we are accused of cultural appropriation, then the accuser is anti-integration, and they're the one with the problem...not us!  If an English man moves to a border town, near Mexico, and decides to learn the language so that he can chat with the Mexicans travelling into, or living in, north of the border towns...is that appropriation?  God, help him if he decides to buy one of those big, Mexican hats...would that be appropriation, also?

In the film, "The Hunt", one of the bad guys appears, wearing a kimono.  One of the other characters shouts at the man and accuses him of "appropriation".  So, the bad guy in the kimono should what?...take it off?  (He's fully dressed under it.)  What is the man supposed to have put on the kimono because of?  "Oh, this is a Japanese garment...I'll put it on because it'll show that I fully accept those Japanese folk with whom I work or travel, every day"? 

(I seriously recommend that you watch that film, "The Hunt", because it will show you how ridiculous the Left are with their obsessive observance of ANY imagined trendy thing that "all the other Lefties" are thinking and doing - including one moment when one of the bad guys uses the word "guys".  A woman seated nearby picks him up on it and he apologises, "I'm sorry - I gendered it.".  It's so ridiculous!)

It's just more insanity from the Left, and should be ignored!  I certainly ignore it - and those of the minorities just have a laugh at how many different ways the Left in our countries knock themselves out, to cover every mindless possibility in behaviour, to virtue-signal their "trendiness" to those around them.  Those Lefties are just trying to out-impress all of their own people, so that they are seen engaged in their mindless crowd-pleasing and might earn themselves a little silver star award in their life stories!

Stefan R.  (That "R" is the initial of my surname, "Romir" (formerly "Rominsky") - should I change it in case somebody considers me to be committing an "appropriation" offence, against the Polish, because I'm a British citizen, not Polish?)
Beautifully (and erotically) dressed always beats undressed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cultural appropriation - what it means to you? - by Stefan Romir - 10-26-2022, 02:48 AM