Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
attracted to feminine guys?
It occurs to me that none of you seem to know anything about OCD. Even you Dan. No you're not freaking out. You're obsessing, because that's what you do. It's what you always have done, and what you always will do. In another thread you said "Can I label that as just curious? Either way then I can put it to rest." But if you have OCD, you know you will never put it to rest until something much more important for you to obsess over comes along, and maybe not then either.
ocdDan Wrote:Im freaking out about my sexuality, because my friend called me gay as a joke but I have ocd ... I'm freaking out if I'm attracted to feminine guys... I have ocd remember...

I have OCD, and I'm attracted to feminine men, and to masculine women. Those last two are probably related, but it never even occurred to me that the OCD was related to either of the others. It also never occurred to me to preface any of my posts with "I have OCD." If this forum were about OCD, that would be different.

Excuse me for sounding cavalier about either of your problems, but this is only another chapter in your OCD-laden life. A tragedy for sure but it still doesn't connect the two issues.

As for Bowyn, it's clear that you've done some research on OCD, but you haven't gained any real understanding of it. Otherwise you wouldn't say things like "IF you would stop allowing your OCD to take over and run your life." That's what disorders do, they run people's lives. "...work through the episode and find some clarity and peace of mind." Clarity? maybe. Peace if mind? never. "...I would give you one solid hour to sit there and rant..." But OCD never stops. It's like the energizer bunny.

And Woolyhats, everything is something to obsess over to someone with OCD. It's not freaking out or worrying, and there's no reason needed, it's just because it's there.

Same applies to southbiochem, "...your OCD won't give you much trouble..." By definition a disorder gives you trouble. It's built into the definition of any "disorder" that it interferes with you being able to live your life. Otherwise it's not a disorder, it's just a personality type.

If I'm being pedantic, I apologize, but our new-found over-familiarity with ADD & OCD leads us to think that disorders are small bumps in the road, and they can be talked out or gotten over, when actually they are serious issues that plague people all their lives. My brother was institutionalized for several years at a young age with OCD. Then again as a teenager. That was 30 years before anyone had heard of it. He wasn't "cured" either time. I imagine they concluded that they couldn't provide any help for him, and so released him. He continued to have problems the rest of his life.

Messages In This Thread
attracted to feminine guys? - by Kackerlacka - 02-08-2014, 10:34 PM
attracted to feminine guys? - by Woollyhats - 02-08-2014, 10:44 PM
attracted to feminine guys? - by Kackerlacka - 02-08-2014, 11:02 PM
attracted to feminine guys? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 02-08-2014, 11:37 PM
attracted to feminine guys? - by Kackerlacka - 02-09-2014, 12:41 AM
attracted to feminine guys? - by southbiochem - 02-09-2014, 01:35 AM
attracted to feminine guys? - by Sylph - 02-09-2014, 05:08 AM
attracted to feminine guys? - by Woollyhats - 02-09-2014, 05:42 AM
attracted to feminine guys? - by driftwood - 02-11-2014, 02:45 AM