Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About having a family
First of all @Anonymous, I am really sorry your parents treated you that way growing up. What an awful thing to want from your child. I really don't understand it. I'm sorry for the issues you now face as a result of this upbringing.

I've never really wanted children. Similar reasons to you with having the lack of patience to bring a child up, also, for me, I consider myself to be too selfish with my time. I feel I would probably end up resenting any children I would have. Part of me has wondered if my views will change as I continue to age and whether I would have any regrets about not having children when really it has become too late. That wondering will probably always be there, but it is not a reason for me to raise a child when I know it wouldn't be best for that child.

Children aren't for everyone. They don't automatically equate to happiness. However, you shouldn't feel that you will automatically pass down any mental health issues that you have. I am sure not every Mum and Dad out there are completely free of mental health issues - it affects most people at one stage or another. Life is tough afterall.

I guess what I am trying to put across is that deciding to have children is a massive thing. But also, it's not for everyone and (easier said than done of course), your path to happiness will be different to other people so you shouldn't compare yourself to others. Your school friend is married and now has a child, that doesn't mean you're missing out, it just means your path is different, at least for now.

Find what makes you happy. Work on yourself, go at your own pace Smile

Messages In This Thread
About having a family - by Anonymous - 04-21-2022, 03:39 PM
RE: About having a family - by CellarDweller - 04-22-2022, 02:03 AM
RE: About having a family - by Cridders88 - 04-24-2022, 10:59 AM