Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignored by a family friend
A friend of the family, who lives in the same town where I work, has started ignoring me when she sees me. I always say hello if I see her when I'm out on my lunch break, but she no longers says hello back. I mentioned this to a couple of people at work, then today one of them told me that the family friend had been talking to her mother about me being gay and that she thinks its disgusting and doesn't want to talk to me anymore. I'm shocked and more than a little upset by this. Maybe I've just been lucky, in that everyone I know has been great since I came out. Should I say something to her if I see her again, or just ignore her like she's ignoring me. I'm trying not to let it get to me, but I can't stop thinking about it.

Jared x

What's your family say about this? She still tight with them? If so, maybe your family could inquire.
Otherwise, I'd say the ball is in her court, so feel free to not even ignoring her when you see her next time.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Let her stew in her own bile. She's not worth your time. You know what it's about, and you've nothing to apologize for.

If everybody likes you but her, why are you focusing any of your thoughts and energy on her? Go talk to the people who actually like you. Smile

Lex

I would ignore her and wash my hands of her forever.....

Do you really want to know someone who has such an ugly side to them?...one that is directed at you personally? ...and not for anything you have done wrong but for being who you are?

I think people like that kill the spirit...

ShiftyNJ Wrote:Let her stew in her own bile. She's not worth your time. You know what it's about, and you've nothing to apologize for.

100% agree!!!!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Oh wow, you are in such a position of power over her! What you choose to do is up to you. Me, I'm very mischievous. :-)

Thanks for the responses. I know I shouldn't let it bother me. It's not like I didn't know there were people out there like her. I think I was just shocked, as this hasn't happened to me before. I actually had a family member ask her why she was ignoring me and she told them she'd never seen me. So she's obviously a liar as well as a homophobe. At least she knows I'm on to her. She's a friend of an aunt rather than my immediate family, so I'll probably just ignore her from now on.
Thanks again

Jared x

You should smile at her every time you pass... the kind of smile like you know a secret (that being that she's an Asshole). She may eventually realize she's being an Asshole and feel bad, unless she's a Total Asshole, which should make your smile even wider Big Grin

I would look for other fish to fry.

There is no reason not to be civil to her if you should happen to meet, but otherwise let her go her own way. She has a problem. You are simply you.
I bid NO Trump!