Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Sided Relationship?
So I have started seeing someone new for a little over a month now. This guy is handsome, outgoing, sweet and fun to be around. I like him a lot but I feel that there is something off. Maybe it is just me, maybe we're not compatible or maybe he is taking advantage of me.

It is another long distance relationship. He's about 120 miles away from me, which I am ok with the distance as it is something I am accustomed to at this point. The red flag from the start is that he doesn't have his own car. He's been driving his friend's vehicle for some time now. There is a backstory on all this but to sum it up, his ex ruined him financially, causing him to lose his car and having to relocate from Texas to where he is now. He lived with friends, got a job and has his own place. So he's moving in the right direction and I can overlook the car situation but here's what I don't understand.

He was dating someone previously who was also long distance. He was willing to drive his friend's car to visit that guy but tell me he can't come see me. I have been down to see him every time since we first dated back in early April and as of right now plan on going to see him this weekend and the next.

I feel like I have been a complete fool. He had a birthday last month, I bought him something small for his birthday, nothing expensive but at that time I think we had been on 2 dates maybe? Then for some reason I decided to take him out to The Melting Pot. Super expensive place, for me anyway, to the tune of $218. I also got him this hot sauce he couldn't find when he was in Texas. I just had a huge crush on him and now I am crippled with anxiety because everything feels very one sided.

He says he doesn't like to talk on the phone because he spends all day on the phone, talking to people. Ok, I get that. We sporadically text each other but it is difficult to carry a conversation because it might be hours or possibly the next day before I get replies. Most of the time it's a few hours. I told him that I wanted uninterrupted conversation with him, once a week, something like FaceTime. He cancelled the first call because he had a bad day at work and didn't want to talk to anyone. I guess I understand but it still upset me a lot, but we did talk the next day for a while. We also talked on FaceTime this last Sunday too. So maybe I am just getting in my head about the state of things, it normally isn't a problem. This overthinking and anxiety wasn't a problem with previous guys, I don't know if it is because I like him a lot or something else that I am feeling or maybe not getting from him.

I have tried to talk to some friends. One of my friends played into my feelings while I was upset basically trying to convince me to break it off with him. After talking to my sister about all this I felt that he was trying to manipulate me. He's an older gay guy who I'm fairly certain has a thing for me and probably doesn't want to see me in a relationship with someone else. Or, perhaps he's dead right and should break it off with him.

All I know is that I am not happy right now, something isn't quite right and I don't know if it is him or me. I can be overly sensitive and something get things wrong, so I want to be patient and try to let things play out and not make any decisions in an emotionally charged state.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

Messages In This Thread
One Sided Relationship? - by InbetweenDreams - 05-18-2022, 01:18 PM
RE: One Sided Relationship? - by ChadCoxRox - 05-18-2022, 01:50 PM
RE: One Sided Relationship? - by InbetweenDreams - 05-18-2022, 02:23 PM
RE: One Sided Relationship? - by InbetweenDreams - 05-18-2022, 03:05 PM
RE: One Sided Relationship? - by ChadCoxRox - 05-19-2022, 02:14 AM
RE: One Sided Relationship? - by InbetweenDreams - 05-19-2022, 12:52 PM
RE: One Sided Relationship? - by ChadCoxRox - 05-20-2022, 01:14 PM
RE: One Sided Relationship? - by InbetweenDreams - 05-27-2022, 12:20 PM