Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Drag Show! (+ a tad bit of social anxiety)
Since you know what if feels, sounds, smells and most importantly looks like... I suggest you go to some venues alone with intent and strategy!!! ...to observe and study, locate, determine, hypothesize.

It is NOT weird to go places alone. It is NOT weird to sit right out in the center alone and have a couple relaxing drinks and enjoy the atmosphere. You doing you with intent and doing it the best you can is the you someone will be attracted to. You struggling to find that "you" will be too busy to take advantage. Let your purpose be refined and planned. Strategic. Simple. To relax, to enjoy and to study.

In your observations you will begin to sort through and see all manner of patterns with people and in that mix you'll notice those who are "struggling alone" and/or alone on purpose and maybe even with intent. Do not pressure yourself to believe you must do something or find some sort of way to ANYTHING except your intent to relax, release and relate. No pressures.

Others will see you doing your thing and others will be more experienced and discern "he's chillin' on purpose" or "he's buggin', must be lonely."

As you gain comfort in the simple charge of just relaxing, releasing and observing your situation will evolve. Since you are connected here so well you'll have an outlet to process the good, the bad and the ugly.

In all, you're a wonderful guy and you will be a great catch for some lucky dude somehow, somewhere. BUT even the less than wonderful guys deserve the same and will be out there doing the same thing.

Lastly, you have refined talent. Why not structure your simple effort somehow within that talent? Within or related to what you love naturally? I'm not sure what that means because I don't know you well enough, but I know there's great truth in the suggestion from experience.

I used to love the drag shows and now only enjoy them from the web. There used to be this adorable funny man who was such a gorgeous woman that we all teased him about being such a hot broad. He loved the attention but we had no clue we were feeding his insecurity about feeling pain because he was such an unattractive man. Over time he was simply a wreck. When in drag he was flawless; otherwise, he was either sniveling in his stooper or reclusive to the degree of going hungry and unclean. Another friend introduced him to another "not so beautiful" man who was more reserved, not into the "scene" and had been showing up "a bit" for the same reason as discussed above. When these two met they connected so well that the one stopped doing drag all together except for home parties and the couple have been together for years now living a nice, stable life together posting vacation pics on FB.

Hugs. Knuddel
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Messages In This Thread
First Drag Show! (+ a tad bit of social anxiety) - by Wade - 08-23-2014, 07:25 AM
First Drag Show! (+ a tad bit of social anxiety) - by Keith - 08-23-2014, 10:33 AM
First Drag Show! (+ a tad bit of social anxiety) - by East - 08-23-2014, 11:56 AM
First Drag Show! (+ a tad bit of social anxiety) - by ChadCoxRox - 08-23-2014, 03:02 PM
First Drag Show! (+ a tad bit of social anxiety) - by Wade - 08-23-2014, 05:58 PM