Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Drag Show! (+ a tad bit of social anxiety)
East Wrote:If you want to meet people...go up to a drag queen and express your approval for the wonderful show and her unique talent...she will do the rest when she takes you under her wing. They love fans...and approval.

That I did do for a few of them. Having done a bit of theatre, I know how super cool it is to hear people say nice things. The queens were very nice.

Aike Wrote:If you're going alone, you simply need an icebreaker to start a conversation. Any kind of a pretext will do. In a drag show it would be natural to talk about how everyone liked the show, no? Yes, there will be some groups who will not welcome strangers and that's gonna show if you try to talk with them. But then you just have to move on to the next one. I'm guessing it would be the best to find a group, which seems big and loose. Makes it easier to infiltrate Wink

I jotted down these notes like an alien trying to find ways to blend in with human society.

CCRox Wrote:You doing you with intent and doing it the best you can is the you someone will be attracted to. You struggling to find that "you" will be too busy to take advantage. Let your purpose be refined and planned. Strategic. Simple. To relax, to enjoy and to study.

This makes an absurd amount of sense. What you said resonates with me completely and is very helpful. Thank you.

I'd also like to take a second to just say how grateful I am to have found this site. I don't understand how it's possible that it exists, considering every other place on the internet is a radioactive wasteland of meanies... but I try not to question it too hard.

If it weren't for this place and you all having helped me to feel so comfortable in my own skin, I never would've even thought to have gone to a drag show. I might have parked outside, stared at the building for ten minutes, tried to psyche myself up, had a panic attack, and driven home in tears. But that's as far as I would've gone. You all have truly helped me know that there are good people out there, and for that I am grateful.

Messages In This Thread
First Drag Show! (+ a tad bit of social anxiety) - by Wade - 08-23-2014, 07:25 AM
First Drag Show! (+ a tad bit of social anxiety) - by Keith - 08-23-2014, 10:33 AM
First Drag Show! (+ a tad bit of social anxiety) - by East - 08-23-2014, 11:56 AM
First Drag Show! (+ a tad bit of social anxiety) - by Wade - 08-23-2014, 05:58 PM