Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are sex and men just not important enough for me?
For what it's worth, I had delayed puberty (female here). It's complicated to explain (and a doctor had a lot to say about it to my grandmother), but I did not fully enter into puberty and remain through it until I was 17. Adding to the strangeness, I had a weird growth spurt (just a couple of inches taller, but noticeable, and finally got curves and bigger breasts than before) when I was 22 (starting when I was late 21).

It's unclear what caused this to happen. But whatever the case I've always had a low sex drive. Even the "hottest" won't turn me on (though I can admire them as I would a fine statue), it takes more than that to spark my lusts.

That said, I was intensely curious about sex, and tended to find sex talk interesting or amusing, rather than a turn off (of course I could be creeped out or disturbed, but it wasn't my usual reaction). I even experimented with my primary motive being curiosity and/or affection (or even pity), going along with someone else's desires. I've found it ironic that I seem to have a much weaker sex drive than many women, yet I'm also a lot more open minded and less disgusted by the whole thing, all generally speaking.

I say this because I'm confident my low sex drive isn't psychological. And it may not be for you either, but if talking about it bothers you a lot, then it COULD be (and you asked). But then the general rule of thumb is if it's not negatively impacting your life (not to include the impact of jerks who lash out or shun anyone different from them) then it should not be considered a problem.

I'll also mention that even when I'm not in a sexual relationship, I'm not lonely. I do have friends who fill that spot for me, and pets are great for that as well. Interesting enough, I once comforted a guy because he was more heartbroken when his cat of 15 years died than when his relationship with the love of his life came to screeching halt (both were devastating, but he apparently loved his cat more). There are many kinds of love, and if lust isn't compelling you to mate, then those other types of love ( examples ) should fulfill your loneliness, perhaps even better than a lover.

Messages In This Thread
Are sex and men just not important enough for me? - by Darius - 03-09-2016, 12:37 AM
Are sex and men just not important enough for me? - by Pix - 03-09-2016, 07:24 AM
Are sex and men just not important enough for me? - by subdivisions - 03-20-2016, 07:33 AM