Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice about my straight friend
Unfortunately, she's not willing to admit it, and may not even be psychologically able to do so. It takes guts at any age to come out in most places, especially as a teen. Her church, parents, some imaginary god in her mind, could all make her unable to admit to it as well, that is she fears (consciously or not) her very survival would would be endangered if she did (and maybe it literally would--rare, but not unknown--in which case her denial is similar to Stockholm Syndrome). Her body (and probably heart) is driving her in one direction but her brain in another. If you try to force it, it could easily cause her to lash out at you in an especially hateful way.

Likewise, if her parents ever catch her at it...well she could say anything to convince them she was a victim of your seduction and manipulation.

It's a common enough story (at least it used to be). I was with a girl similar to this when I was a teen (she said we were "just practicing" for guys) and she never said otherwise (she died at 15 so she didn't get much of a chance). Plenty of others have shared similar stories with me of their ready to be openly gay with someone else who wasn't even willing to admit to it (yet couldn't stop actually doing it, either, at least not until busted for it).

Just don't believe it's the end of the world if it doesn't turn out well. As much as it seems otherwise, others will come along that you feel a similar and even better connection with. Many of us have been where you are today.

OTOH, if you do give her time, she MIGHT finally admit to her desires sooner rather than later. That probably depends on what kind of school you go to, what kind of family she has, and things like that. I suppose if I were in your place, I might burn a CD (I don't know if that's still done, especially in this day of free downloads, but it means recording music and giving it to a friend or love interest to show love for them, be it platonic or passionate), perhaps some "safe songs" (that fit with it) to go with this one:

She - Jen Foster

I've heard it said so many times
Love is blind
So, why are you staring?
You say that love is all we need, well
Does that apply to me?
'cause I have found someone
That I think is beautiful
And I have fallen in love
And I'm telling you,
She means everything to me
She makes me feel nothing else matters,
Not even what the world thinks of me.

They told me when I was a little girl
"love's a pearl,
You're lucky if you find it"
So, share that precious beauty with the world.
Now, suddenly they say I've got to hide it,
But I have found true love
And there is nothing you can do.
Just try and stop me, just try and stop us,
Good luck to you!
'cause she
Means everything to me, she
Makes me feel nothing else matters,
Not even what the world thinks of me.

It's simple as can be
I love her, she loves me!
This is what everybody dreams of,
There's nothing to be afraid of
There's nothing to be afraid of
After all, it's only love

'Cause she
Means everything to me
She makes me feel nothing else matters,
not even what the world thinks of me

Btw, one of those movies featured in the vid is Lost and Delirious about a girl in your sitch. I must warn you (as I'd want to be warned, though I know others wouldn't want even to know this much before seeing it) the ending is a punch in the gut...I saw it when I was about 20 and thought a lot of it was brilliant, but I never could watch it again because of the ending. It didn't have to end that way. But if you watch romantic dramas with her then you might consider getting her to see this with you...it could get her to thinking about if it's worth it living a lie. Just don't expect her to realize she needs to come out after (and don't use it imply anything), just hope that it gets her to think rather than running away from from her feelings for you. Here's the trailer:

Messages In This Thread
Advice about my straight friend - by Buffy - 04-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Advice about my straight friend - by TigerLover - 04-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Advice about my straight friend - by Pix - 04-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Advice about my straight friend - by gyhr - 04-26-2016, 10:16 PM