Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on moving appreciated
Feel rather bad for posting this here, given how inactive I've been lately, but frankly I wasn't sure were else to post it, and I know that at least here I have a chance of getting decent advice.
So, basically, I live in the middle of nowhere, and I want to rectify this. It's an incredibly soul-crushing locale, and I feel like every day I stay here is a day wasted.
The problem is that for the last few years I've been suffering from pretty intense depression on-and-off, and my only real escape plan (moving for art college) has slowly become an unrealistic goal due to my lack of practice in that field, as what little energy I have has been drained by working to pay my rent.
I'm aware that moving is hardly going to fix that problem, but I genuinely feel like it may alleviate it, and help me shift the growing sense of futility in my life. Plus being somewhere a little less homophobic would be nice.
Anyhoo, moving on from the sob story, my basic question is "how should I go about it?" and "what are my options?". A part of me thinks I just need to save up enough rent for a few months, find a place/move, and then just hope I find a job before my savings dry up... and another part of me thinks I should just apply for a course I can do, but won't enjoy, purely so I have a year-ish of student accommodation and a period where I don't have to work constantly just to get by (besides course work obviously).
I'm sure this all sounds very naive/immature, but quite frankly all maturity ever got me was a house I didn't want and a job I can't stand... so I can live with that.
So... if anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry if my post comes off a little whiny/snarky, I'm just having a bad night and sick of feeling so stuck.

Messages In This Thread
Advice on moving appreciated - by kidchameleon - 05-19-2016, 10:40 PM
Advice on moving appreciated - by LJay - 05-20-2016, 12:45 AM
Advice on moving appreciated - by Sherbil - 05-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Advice on moving appreciated - by drobs - 05-21-2016, 01:19 AM