Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Differences in relationships
Well the short answer is it varies couple to couple....

I was hanging with some friends and had been on tinder which seems to have a higher caliber of guys on there but most all of them are far away. I told them that I would like to find someone who has similar interests that I have. They told me that you probably wouldn't want that because you would have a harder time doing things you like by yourself and that being opposites have their benefits... This coming from a couple who have been together for over 10 years, I'd say there's some merit to it.

As far as the phyiscal aspect, that varies, some guys like older people, some are "chubby chasers" some don't care what you look like or even have much of a sex drive.

You did seem concerned about your weight in another thread but I honestly don't think a lot of guys would consider you to be fat, I'd find that a bit hard to believe.

On the job stuff, it just depends. For those who don't have a job people may get the idea that someone is a freeloader or something. It just varies, some people like taking care of someone. People vary so much on what their needs and desires are, there's probably someone to fit almost any scenario.

Politics and religion are probably the stickiest for being vastly different and probably less likely than the rest of them.

Just remember there is no real normal. I think the best realization anyone can have is knowing that we're all a little fucked up and almost no one looks like a model out of a magazine...unless they are the model out of a magazine.

On the flip-side, people in general are very judgmental about all sorts of different things. Someone may think that I'm fat and ugly. Some people might think I'm a wonderful person while some think I'm a terrible person -- there's someone here on the forums who thinks I'm a terrible person for that matter. You can't make everyone happy, that's for sure. Some folks are completely compatible and some are like putting two beta fish in the same bowl.

I do think there is a degree of similarity required, how much depends on both individuals. Wish I could give a more concrete answer here but the only advice I would have is that both individuals will know when they meet someone who they fall in love with. It will simply just work, not saying there aren't bumps along the road but I think things would just click and that person would accept you for what you are as you would them.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Differences in relationships - by Aquarius - 06-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Differences in relationships - by InbetweenDreams - 06-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Differences in relationships - by TwisttheLeaf - 06-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Differences in relationships - by CorsacReborn - 06-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Differences in relationships - by Anocxu - 06-06-2016, 01:52 AM
Differences in relationships - by CorsacReborn - 06-06-2016, 07:59 AM
Differences in relationships - by Darius - 06-06-2016, 04:02 PM