Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I stay if I'm having fun but know it's going nowhere?
CaliDanny78 Wrote:...Right now I just don't see how this relationship can end up working out long-term. At the same time, I'm not sure I see much point in splitting up. I have nothing else going on, I enjoy his company, and I am sure that I would be unsuccessful in any attempt to find someone closer to home. Also, I did recently discuss the possibility that we won't work out long-term, but the thought upset him so much that he got sick and went home early from work the next day. I would really like to avoid going there again, especially so soon after the last conversation. Yet it also feels very weird staying in a go-nowhere relationship, even though I can't quite articulate why.

Any thoughts?
IDK, sounds like you're not being honest with this guy. You're not seeing any long-term potential. Ok, nothing wrong with an FWB if you're both on the same page about it... but doesn't sound like he IS on the same page. I'd want to get that cleared up just out of courtesy to him if nothing else.

The real problem, though, seems to go much deeper. I'm not even sure what I'm sensing, TBH. IDK, I just feel like you're not really happy... despite having a lot of good things in your life. So.. what's that about? Why does your happiness depend on another person being in you life? Or do I have that wrong?

Messages In This Thread
Should I stay if I'm having fun but know it's going nowhere? - by CaliDanny78 - 07-29-2016, 09:16 AM
Should I stay if I'm having fun but know it's going nowhere? - by MikeW - 07-30-2016, 05:14 PM