Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm getting so lonely atm
Well I can say that I often feel the same way. I live out in the boonies, not a big gay community out here to start with and many people in the closet. I'm also a huge nerd, geek...dork whatever. I don't have quite as much in common with other people and it is just how I am and I suspect a lot of people have similar problems, plus I am more introverted than a lot of other people. So I don't have a lot of friends and of those friends they work, go to school, have their friends and family who they spend time with so it is often that I don't hang out or do anything for weeks it seems. I'd like to do more but then it costs money to go hangout at a bar or resturant. Some of my friends like the outdoors, some don't care that much or don't have time off at the same time I do. So yeah there's a lot of things I'd like to do more often with my friends than I am able and it is hard to plan to do things and I don't like wasting my vacation hours only for someone to tell me last minute they can't do something...

Anyway, what I am trying to say is you're normal. The best advice I can give is stay busy, find a hobby or something you enjoy doing. There's nothing wrong doing some things you enjoy alone, for instance jogging....you're going to be pretty disappointed how many friends you can get to go jogging with you. Even people who jog all the time. I'll pick on jogging, I don't jog that much but I know people who do, I get the feeling they don't want to really jog with me because I am not going to jog 10 miles with them and my pace is a bit slower.

As far as dating goes, well same thing here, small gay community, plus most of those who are around aren't interesting, good looking and all but most aren't doing anything, most are boring, have no hobbies or passions for anything and if they do it just doesn't click with me. So of the guys I think are attractive, either they won't go on a date or speak to me or they're boring as hell. Out of the bunch there might be a couple of guys who I might end up dating at some point in the future....if they don't hightail out of here before then lol

Bottom line is, it is fine to have a few friends, keep bonding with them, be the instigator, I'm trying to be more of one myself. I always feel like I'm bothering people at times but I think some of my friends got the feeling I didn't want to hang out with them when the opposite was true.

A little excerpt from this old 90's song...

Quote:Get to know your parents, you never know when they'll be gone for good
Be nice to your siblings, they are your best link to your past
And the people most likely to stick with you in the future
Understand that friends come and go
But a precious few, who should hold on

Can read the whole thing here... http://www.metrolyrics.com/everybodys-fr...rmann.html

Anyway get to feeling better, no sense in wasting time feeling bad when there's always something to do, even if it means watching cartoons.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
I'm getting so lonely atm - by Anonymous - 10-11-2016, 02:10 AM
I'm getting so lonely atm - by Insertnamehere - 10-11-2016, 03:13 AM
I'm getting so lonely atm - by Confuzzled4 - 10-11-2016, 03:36 AM
I'm getting so lonely atm - by calo379 - 10-11-2016, 06:40 AM
I'm getting so lonely atm - by CorsacReborn - 10-11-2016, 12:15 PM
I'm getting so lonely atm - by InbetweenDreams - 10-11-2016, 02:25 PM
I'm getting so lonely atm - by Anonymous - 10-14-2016, 12:06 AM
I'm getting so lonely atm - by InbetweenDreams - 10-14-2016, 02:19 AM
I'm getting so lonely atm - by meridannight - 10-14-2016, 06:40 AM
I'm getting so lonely atm - by LJay - 10-14-2016, 06:58 AM