Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newly out as bi - Need advice on my first guy dating experience!
Thanks for all of the advice so far! We went for a walk tonight and then out for drinks for kaeoke with friends afterwards at a local bar and kind of talked everything over. I firmly stated that we could only be friends. He apologized for making a lot of mistakes and tried to explain what happened / how things went wrong. He said that he was really just doing what emotionally felt right at the time. He missed the dating / party phase of his life and really just wants to meet gay people in our city and explore what he likes and doesn't like (Its a small conservative city of only 250000 so his exposure to other gay guys is minimal). He said that one of the biggest reasons that he acted the way he did was that he was into me, but that he has never had the chance to hold hands, make out with a guy, have sex with a guy, or experience any of this. So yeah - He definitely wanted all of that / all of the relationship perks as they are all new and exciting to him, but he just didn't think of how that could hurt me as he didn't know id get that attached that quickly. he said he does have feelings above friendship with me but isn't sure what that means or what they are. I very much realize that this isn't a situation I want to be a part of. He's just too self absorbed and confused and stuck in this explorative party phase for anything more to work anyways. I can relate as Im just coming out that its such an explorative time and Im assuming often selfish stage in your life and I can understand not wanting to be tied down - He should have just taken my feelings into consideration sooner. He apologized for that though and apologized for the potential partial outing me which he doesn't remember (which I believe as he was so drunk he threw up in a cup). he's just immature and confused I think. I don't think he's manipulative or a player (on purpose at least) as he's fine remaining friends only and was super supportive and apologetic on the walk and basically just seemed overall confused. I cut off any physical anything and he was still okay wth that and was supportive of my decision - Someone who doesn't care at all or who is just an asshole would probably not stick around for that. Everything seemed really positive and he texted me and posted on my Facebook wall when he got home. We hung out with friends after and it overall went well except a drunk guy hit on him all night and followed him into the washroom which was kind of upsetting to me but frankly not any of my business at this point and I need to get over that if Im going to be his friend, because at this point when Ive put as back to only friends its none of my business what he does with other guys. I would prefer not to be around to see it, but its not my business.
I just need to see if Im fine with hanging out and trying to build our friendship. We share a best friend and this has been hard on him as he's stuck in the middle - So I feel I owe it to our mutual friends to be mature and work this out. Plus we legitimately have a blast together - we sat and listened to kareoke all night and it was so much fun. My friends love him and he really said he wanted to focus more on not hurting my feelings. So yeah, as long as I can move on and check my emotions I should be fine. Its not easy as some wounds are still fresh. But It helps to know that in his newly out phase that I don't think a relationship would work with him and anyone else either - Its really not me, it's him completely. I need to focus on keeping myself happy and being emotionally mature - even if that means cutting things off completely

Messages In This Thread
Newly out as bi - Need advice on my first guy dating experience! - by newtothis32 - 06-14-2017, 10:26 AM
Newly out as bi - Need advice on my first guy dating experience! - by princealbertofb - 06-15-2017, 03:50 PM