Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newly out as bi - Need advice on my first guy dating experience!
Camfer Wrote:I say count yourself lucky that you're not with him in any way more than just friends.

You had a couple of fun flings with a friend; in retrospect it turns out that's all it was. So your dis-illusion should be a relief. You no longer are under the spell of hoping for something that cannot be. Don't mourn too long about a relationship that never was.

You have a lot to offer someone. Are you interested in anyone else?

Thanks for the replies! I definitely don't think I was disillusioned , just confused from the mixed messages. His best friends pretty much all talked to me and told me that I was his main guy in all this, but he's not in any place for any commitment - they feel that he started to become attached and thus is backing off which makes sense due to how intense things were getting. We were definitely more than friends as he was telling people we were seeing each other and we're still going on actual dates. I just don't think he wants anything more with me right now or likely either anyone right now. So it really makes sense that he'd back off and go for someone accessible and easier to not have feelings for when he cools off on us and dates around. Either that or he was feeling stuff out and someone else made him lock it down and thus he can't really be around me anymore. He's told me since that he's into me and that there was something more there, so while it definitely wasn't an exclusive relationship, we were definitely seeing each other /casual dating so I don't think I was disillusioned about that by the end. I just think He is confused and not ready for this and maybe I'm just not the right guy for him right now. Either way, in the end I know what I want and this is not is. I deserve communication and respect, no matter whether this is a close friendship or more. I dont think it's a healthy or good thing to be involved with someone whom is so emotionally unavailable and unreliable. I just hope I can salvage a friendship.

Messages In This Thread
Newly out as bi - Need advice on my first guy dating experience! - by princealbertofb - 06-15-2017, 03:50 PM
Newly out as bi - Need advice on my first guy dating experience! - by newtothis32 - 07-02-2017, 04:43 PM