Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need LGBT backup and support, nowhere else to turn to :(
My answer is No.

For reasons:

I combated and combated and argued the logic, the science the infallible word of God having a few errors, blah blah blah. Off line, to the face of the oppressors one can win points. Online apparently ignorance is a dish best served up over and over and over again.

I did my "gay thing" already, I'm old and I am tired of doing the "protect the LGBT community from bashers". I was n the last generation where it was typical for a group of thugs to actually do physical harm to the lone LGBT individual, like a pack of wolves separating the weakest from our ranks to bring down. Or to hang on a fence.

Today, thanks to me and many in my generation and the generation before that, gay marriage is sweeping the Free World, the Militaries are no longer doing that whole "dishonorable discharge for one being "that way"" thing. Oh and my generation combated the Scourge (AIDS) passing out awareness one condom or handful of condoms at a time.

To my horror I find that your generation is all OK with getting HIV because there are pills for that. Not a cure, but treatments which keeps people from dying. In the West. Africa is still seeing the great wasting and death. So your generation stopped wearing the condoms and laugh at us old fags who worry about catching the Scourge...

I also planted over 450,000 trees in my life time, I calculated it, it gives everyone about 50 seconds of oxygen, take a deep breath and use it well.

Protested and successfully stopped nuclear power plants from taking over the world... well somewhat. Protested the pollution, the hunting of whales, the stuff that was of importance to my generation. When is the last time a river caught fire in the USA due to pollution. Yeah your welcome.

Hell all of this was physical grunt work and put lives in the target sights of "The Enemy".

There is something about winning an argument on the internet, let me dig it up here:

Why you can't win an argument on the internet.

Oh that's right, you can't win an argument on the internet.

IF you are in the USA over half of the population is for LGBT rights, with that number growing year to year. Back when I started it was less than a quarter. I tyhink the UK, Canada, and other western nations are ahead of that curve by a long shot. IF you are in the western world this war is over. We Won.

Russia? Not really yet, but the number of supporters is growing. Heck a few decades ago it was communist, it has all the right in the world of being behind the rest of the western world.

Sure, there are a lot of nations out there were being gay is illegal, even a death penalty, but I assure you that particular war will not be won on the internet.

Trolls. Most of them are punk kids who are still in school and doing their "hating" for shits and giggles. Many of them don't approach a gay person in real life with that attitude.

I say back away from the threads/posts, comment sections. IF an Anti-LGBT video is posted on YouTube do like I do, give it a thumbs down and report it then move on.

Messages In This Thread
Need LGBT backup and support, nowhere else to turn to :( - by Bowyn Aerrow - 07-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Need LGBT backup and support, nowhere else to turn to :( - by princealbertofb - 07-03-2017, 12:43 PM
Need LGBT backup and support, nowhere else to turn to :( - by Bowyn Aerrow - 07-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Need LGBT backup and support, nowhere else to turn to :( - by princealbertofb - 07-04-2017, 05:40 PM
Need LGBT backup and support, nowhere else to turn to :( - by JisthenewK - 07-04-2017, 09:12 PM