Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25yo and need advice from from those of you who HAVE turned your lives around...
There's something known as the quarter-life crisis. Much like the mid-life crisis, but hits those out of college realizing just what the real world is... it's perfectly normal to go through, and it will improve... but not without you making some improvements on your own.

I didn't have the hair issue, but have been up and down in weight. But I got up and exercised; ate better; and lost some. I always still had some belly, but I felt a lot better about myself.

I found myself in debt too, in my case, due to poor decisions, bad luck, and also when I first tried to get out, I was taken advantage of by a "debt relief company." But I found ways to spend less, as my income slowly increased (still low, but every bit helps). And I'm not completely out yet, but I'm so much closer now. I was able to make it through those hard years.

If you're looking for what can motivate you... I'm not sure. I'm not even sure what motivated me... I do know when I was overweight, I put some pics on bear sites, and that helped to find out that there were people out there that still found me attractive - and some of them I even found attractive! Didn't do much good for me living in rural Iowa. I suppose those I just realized that nothing I tried was making me feel less lonely, or helping me to get a new start, so I just needed to enjoy what I could in life. Sure I didn't have a significant other - but I had friends and family. Sure, I couldn't buy all I wanted - but that gave me drive to enter writing contests etc. There's no magic answer though, so if you're looking for that, I'm not sure I can help you... just know that it's possible.

As for losing your hair, some people find that look sexy. I don't know if you'd look better with a shaved hear or not, but consider doing something to your hair and head that's more than a combover Smile

Messages In This Thread
25yo and need advice from from those of you who HAVE turned your lives around... - by jbrowder24 - 01-13-2012, 04:14 PM