Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25yo and need advice from from those of you who HAVE turned your lives around...
It wasn't weight for me but the hole I had to climb out of was deep...and it was as tough as anything you can imagine. I am lucky to be alive...it is why I beleive in God...someone was watching out for me. I knew I was destined to be a loser or a junkie if I didn't find a way to overcome my circumstances and the advice I am going to give you are the things that worked for me and the things I believe will work for anyone who is experiencing difficulties overcoming things in their lives.....I am not going to go into specifics but let me assure you it was horrific.

The #1 thing that helped me...if you find yourself wallowing in self pity...kick your ass out of there. It will kill you. If you hear yourself whining...tell yourself to shut the f*ck up...if you can't...find some friends who will do it for you. I am serious...this was the best thing I ever did for myself and the single thing that I can credit for helping me get the edge to overcome most everything...yesterday, today and tomorrow

...and the second part of that...I like to think it terms of yin and yang...take an equally stern positive approach to everything. It is easy. Find things that inspire you...things you admire...people you admire...things that make you laugh and cry...things that make you feel hopeful...if you cannot find these inspirations then go and look for them and when you find yourself down use the positive energy to bring you up...the people before me in this thread are excellent inspirations....they have given you advice to be treasured.

The reason I say this....and no one usually wants to hear this...after awhile the whining and the self pity will either eat you up or eat up everyone around you as it will drain their energy and it will be the albatross around your neck. I want to tell this to alot of people I see come through here but I fear I will get stoned to death for not joining in the obligatory pity party...

...but I can tell you that my best friends who have since passed on...three guys (who were also all Libras for some reason)Confusedmile:...they kicked my ass all the time...and they saved my life in every way you can be saved...I actually feel like they are still with me sometimes and where I usually avoid these threads I am giving you this info mainly because I was thinking about these guys today and remembering how grateful I am to them.

I hope that helps you and if not,,,maybe someone else reading it can get something from it. You can overcome the situation you are in...you have to find a way to believe in yourself. If you have old wounds inside of you...you have to heal them. If not...food can become a refuge from the feelings you want to avoid.

Good luck to you...you CAN do it.

Messages In This Thread
25yo and need advice from from those of you who HAVE turned your lives around... - by East - 01-16-2012, 05:30 AM