Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes...
Sometimes I just wish I was straight. I feel like life would be a lot easier for me. I would be accepted by my family instead of being criticized. I would be able to show affection towards my partner without being ridiculed. I would be able to freely practice my religion without being accused of sodomy. I would be able to be myself around others without being patronized. A lot of things would be easier for me, but I have learned to accept myself for who I am. I have learned to love myself because I know I was created like this for a reason. Sure there are times when I just wish I could be straight, but I always pick up my head and shake those feelings away because I have learned to be proud of who I am.

I know man, I'm there too....you'd think at first it'd be easier to just put on the "straight jacket" that you're used to wearing some days, but other days it just doesn't "fit"....it's funny how that happens when we wish we we're straight...it never seems to "fit" when we do try to do that...doesn't mean it's wrong for trying to do it when that's all you know to do, but there's gotta be a way to just be "yourself" and have the life you want....I'm tired of feeling like I've gotta "cope" with the life I was tossed...I'm gonna trying to get over that hill man...I got NOTHING better to really do...lol

Besides man, The american dream can be what you want to make it...im starting to think it doesn't come pre-assembled design...

Used to think like that a long time ago...then decided it isn't my problem so fuck it...I'm perfectly happy with who I am, if someone or something wants to try and deny me my happiness then they are worth less then the skid mark in a pair of undies out the front of a derelict building.

aggie2015 Wrote:Sometimes I just wish I was straight. I feel like life would be a lot easier for me. I would be accepted by my family instead of being criticized. I would be able to show affection towards my partner without being ridiculed. I would be able to freely practice my religion without being accused of sodomy. I would be able to be myself around others without being patronized. A lot of things would be easier for me, but I have learned to accept myself for who I am. I have learned to love myself because I know I was created like this for a reason. Sure there are times when I just wish I could be straight, but I always pick up my head and shake those feelings away because I have learned to be proud of who I am.

Hi, you know, I strongly believe that you would be another person, you wouldn't even think about how "lucky" you are to be straight, you would have other problems that would look like larger than life. You would be different person with different problems.
Being straight doesn't equal being happier. Bighug

I'm with you on this mate. If there was a pill out there that made you totally strate I would take it. Make my life a bit more easy lol

Scotty Wrote:I'm with you on this mate. If there was a pill out there that made you totally strate I would take it. Make my life a bit more easy lol

Life is what you make of it. But sometimes there is stuff that we cannot help. Like being gay we just have to accept ourselves or else we it will be that much harder to be happy. What I find helps is smiling at strangers when eyes met. Usually they will smile back. And you will fell good and so will they. So it is a win win n.n

aggie2015 Wrote:Sometimes I just wish I was straight. I feel like life would be a lot easier for me. I would be accepted by my family instead of being criticized. I would be able to show affection towards my partner without being ridiculed. I would be able to freely practice my religion without being accused of sodomy. I would be able to be myself around others without being patronized. A lot of things would be easier for me, but I have learned to accept myself for who I am. I have learned to love myself because I know I was created like this for a reason. Sure there are times when I just wish I could be straight, but I always pick up my head and shake those feelings away because I have learned to be proud of who I am.

I'm sure at one time or another we have all felt this, when life gets hard or with the break up of a relationship, maybe even when we can't find a prospective partner. Even quite recently I felt this way and thought it would be easier if I played it straight because it would be more convenient for friends and stuff. Basically I think now it's more damaging to play it straight because you are denying who you are and you aren't making yourself happy. A friend told me it was really damaging to him to pretend being straight because he felt depressed and had suicidal thoughts because it was hurting him so much. The main thing you have to do is please yourself, it's ok to be selfish with things like this. Basically now I just think sod what everyone else thinks about my sexuality. Stay positive,

Mrk2010

mrk2010 Wrote:I'm sure at one time or another we have all felt this, when life gets hard or with the break up of a relationship, maybe even when we can't find a prospective partner. Even quite recently I felt this way and thought it would be easier if I played it straight because it would be more convenient for friends and stuff. Basically I think now it's more damaging to play it straight because you are denying who you are and you aren't making yourself happy. A friend told me it was really damaging to him to pretend being straight because he felt depressed and had suicidal thoughts because it was hurting him so much. The main thing you have to do is please yourself, it's ok to be selfish with things like this. Basically now I just think sod what everyone else thinks about my sexuality. Stay positive,

Mrk2010

Yeah its just really hard for me. I mean I haven't had the best experiences in the gay community, but I have faith that things will get better. I just think that if I were straight, my friends, peers, and family would be a whole lot more accepting. I really wish I was straight, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do to change the fact that I'm gay. I'm just going to live my life like you said: to please myself because if I live my life to please others then I'll be the one thats unhappy and I definitely don't want that. Smile Thanks!

Good luck Aggie with finding what makes you happy.

princealbertofb Wrote:Good luck Aggie with finding what makes you happy.

Thanks! I really appreciate it. Smile