Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is the world screwed up?
this is kind of a rant I guess, it's 3:06 am here and I can't sleep, part of it is because I've been reading the news too much. It just seems like no matter what time period we live in there's always something horrible taking place in some part of the world. like children being taught to hate gay people and will never understand why or the families that were lined up and shot to death in Syria, or that Iran blocks most liberal media but will allow a pro-Nazi web site were discussions of a second Holocaust take place.

I also read about ten books that caused a lot of hate and death that were not religious books, someones ideas were put into action and caused millions of people to lose their lives. my grandad stood up against evils like this, back in the 50's white cops would pick up underage black girls and rape them in the cop car. he happen to know the first black cop in the area and convinced him to work together catching the dirty cops in the act. he hated gay people though, even though is gay nephew cared for him while he was dieing from cancer.

sorry if I'm getting anyone down, I just needed to get this off my chest.Sad
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

You might like Prometheus Rising which explores how our brains are wired and how brains can become quite hateful over things like race, religion, and sexuality, and also how repressive governments thrive with popular support. What I really liked about it was all the exercises to help free your mind from your own software/programming that's been downloaded into you since birth. Most of it was just interesting but I think it's made some positive changes in my life that over 10 years later I'm still benefiting from.

If you decide to just give this book a peek at the bookstore or library then read the last chapter (which is only a few pages). IIRC, that explained the author's view of the major ways the brains were wired and how many of the population had their brains wired that way. Then flip through and look at all the pretty cartoons. You'll probably end up wanting to read all of it unless you just really don't like reading.

And you might also find this short entry (not from the book but from the same author) of interest:

http://www.deepleafproductions.com/wilso...karma.html

But yeah, sometimes it really gets to me, too.

Humans, that's why!

Brainwashing from the media & government. Everything is tainted, unfortunately.

In my opinion, all hate and bias comes from people in power who abuse the power granted to them by the people. If you do not stand up against a dictator, you in effect choose to keep that dictator in power. And power is not only abused by governments, but also by religions, at work, at school and even here on Gayspeak where one gets censored.

I think we are just destined to be total douchebags....until one day Jesus comes back and everyone goes to heaven. Including the gays.

Why is a very, very complex thing. There are many variables in play, from the basic hardwired nature of Us vs Them to the small fact that all governments and leading bodies are corrupt.

There is only one true fix: “Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure” (Ripley)Wink

The cynic in me says organized religion is to blame for the majority of the world's ills.

The realist says we as a collective race bring most of the world's tragedies upon ourselves.

hmm, the word ego comes to mind first, then power corrupts, then people who advise have no copeability, just my thoughts, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

I think it is up to each of us to fight for a better future.
There are days when watching the news is like a system overload.
So much senseless violence corruption and hate.

Your Grandfather was a very brave man, he stood up against the machine of evil.

At times it may seem futile to even try to change laws and hatred , but if we don't step up to the plate who will?

As Edmund Burke said.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. "