Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dad Disowning His Gay Son
this was posed on towleroad.com news, a little daramatical but even now i bet not uncommon even now. How can any parent(s) live with their child 20 years and not know he is gay. How can any parent disavow his child.

[SIZE="1"]In August of 2007, I finally built up the courage to tell my father I was gay. The moment I said it, the phone got quiet and he got off the phone after a few "Okay"s. I decided to give him time to process the news. About a week later, and not long before my birthday, I received the following letter:

"James: This is a difficult but necessary letter to write. I hope your telephone call was not to receive my blessing for the degrading of your lifestyle. I have fond memories of our times together, but that is all in the past. Don’t expect any further conversations With me. No communications at all. I will not come to visit, nor do I want you in my house. You’ve made your choice though Wrong it may be. God did not intend for this unnatural lifestyle. If you choose not to attend my funeral, my friends and family will understand. Have a good birthday and good life. No present exchanges will be accepted. Goodbye, Dad."[/SIZE]

[Image: 6a00d8341c730253ef017617130483970c-800wi]

if my dad disowns me, Id be pretty upset. wow, thats terrible.

What a terrible letter. What's upsetting to me is that your father didn't even care to use lined paper, and it's so messy.
I've tried to tell my parents I'm gay, and they say "You don't know that yet. You're not ready to make that decision yet." What the heck does that mean?

MrMcfat3 Wrote:... "You don't know that yet. You're not ready to make that decision yet." ...
well maybe surprize them bring home a husband.Biglaugh

It means they are in the denial stage.. Smile
Which I heard is good ina way!

That letter is very sad... Some parents are so stupid.

what a dick.

If my dad disowns me when he finds out, I will gladly show up to his funeral.... to dance on his grave.

I can understand him being in denial , but to disown and destroy his own child is the act of a dickwad.
This is so very upsetting and heartbreaking.

Buring Wrote:It means they are in the denial stage.. Smile
Which I heard is good ina way!

Buring, you have a sweet heart and an adorable innocence to see even this as possibly a path to acceptance, and I respect that; but I only see hate. Filthy disgusting people hating other people for no other reason than to hate. All because they have been told to by the majority of their peers. This is to be expected I suppose. It is people like this who make me (and I'm sure plenty of others) embarrassed and sad to be in the same communities or areas where this type of thinking is commonplace (bible belt for example). Or almost worse than that is the ignorance, like what happened to you MrMcfat3. This sickens me in the pit of my stomach, this is why people like me don't have the courage to be themselves. Sorry everyone to bring the mood down, but I have heard this type of thing happen too many times and it makes me sick every time.

Quote:I've tried to tell my parents I'm gay, and they say "You don't know that yet. You're not ready to make that decision yet." What the heck does that mean?

My response was mainly to this...
The letter itself is horrible, I saw posts about this on facebook.