Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Straight Boys' -sigh
There are 2 guys I do like, outside of the society, but I am not out to either of them and I rarely see them, I have one of them on Facebook but we don't talk cos we don't know each other that well and it would be weird if I started talking to him on facebook, but he has a really nice personality and I think he is really hot, but i have seen him flirting with girls and his fb profile says straight (but so did mine for 5 years) and he does give me a lot of signals that he is in to me e.g. we always like shake hands when we see each other and he holds my hand for ages and he always seem happy to see me and we look at each other a bit and stuff and we both try and keep the convo going even though we don't know what to say. i will call him dan for the purposes of this forum. i'm thinking about coming out to him and saying i like him but i rarely see him and he may freak out and he is usually with mates when i see him or he says me while i am at work etc
- he is really ncie but sometimes i worry he might not be 'exciting' enough if u catch my drift

the second guy i shall call sam, he is a first year at my uni, when i see him i get some signs that he is into me, e.g. eye contact, holding convo even though we didn't know what to say etcnand he is also really hot but when i met him he did say he was looking forward to getting a lot of pussy at uni but when i've seen him with mates, his mates aren't exactly 'lads' that are hunting for pussy, i see him in mixed groups with boys and girls and he has a nice personality

also i am worried that if i do tell dan how i feel and he feels the same and we start seeing each other i may realise that i actually like sam more and then thigns would get #awks

man troubles looooool

The first guy: I have had this exact experience. He was really nice, claimed to be straight and would seem to be really happy to engage with me. I was REALLY into this guy and I came out to him. At the same time I told him how I felt and It did not go down well. We completely lost that friendship from that moment for about 2 years and only recently started talking again. He has a girlfriend and I do actually think he is straight. So that is the risk, if you confess all then you could ruin what you have. I think you should test the boundaries a bit, light less obvious flirting and see if he likes or returns the gesture. You say you have him on Facebook, great. you don't have to personal chat, you could just like or comment on a status and go from there.

Second Guy: Some closeted gays may exaggerate how interested they are in women hence the "looking forward to getting pussy" when this persons friends are do not act the same way. When I was in the closet I admit I was like this to make people think I defiantly wasn't gay. Then again some people are just more engaging and physical. Me and my friends have great conversations and maintain eye contact but it's nothing romantic or at all flirty, we're just friends. Again, just test the waters with light flirting and see what happens.

Hope this helps. Smile

Never a easy situation specially when it comes to guys that say they are straight or give those indications . That's why I live by one rule. I assume safely that every guy is straight unless they tell me otherwise. In your case I used to be attracted to some guys and the same signs were given but like you I too valued the friendship and therefore didn't act on the signs. My advice would be this. If you fear the worse don't do it, if you want to find out, investigate more but do so carefully. Think before action for reaction can't sometimes have life changing effects.

Btw if that's what you look like then boi you going to have no trouble finding a very nice boyfriend indeed!

matthew91 Wrote:The first guy: I have had this exact experience. He was really nice, claimed to be straight and would seem to be really happy to engage with me. I was REALLY into this guy and I came out to him. At the same time I told him how I felt and It did not go down well. We completely lost that friendship from that moment for about 2 years and only recently started talking again. He has a girlfriend and I do actually think he is straight. So that is the risk, if you confess all then you could ruin what you have. I think you should test the boundaries a bit, light less obvious flirting and see if he likes or returns the gesture. You say you have him on Facebook, great. you don't have to personal chat, you could just like or comment on a status and go from there.

Second Guy: Some closeted gays may exaggerate how interested they are in women hence the "looking forward to getting pussy" when this persons friends are do not act the same way. When I was in the closet I admit I was like this to make people think I defiantly wasn't gay. Then again some people are just more engaging and physical. Me and my friends have great conversations and maintain eye contact but it's nothing romantic or at all flirty, we're just friends. Again, just test the waters with light flirting and see what happens.

Hope this helps. Smile

Zennyboy Wrote:Never a easy situation specially when it comes to guys that say they are straight or give those indications . That's why I live by one rule. I assume safely that every guy is straight unless they tell me otherwise. In your case I used to be attracted to some guys and the same signs were given but like you I too valued the friendship and therefore didn't act on the signs. My advice would be this. If you fear the worse don't do it, if you want to find out, investigate more but do so carefully. Think before action for reaction can't sometimes have life changing effects.

Btw if that's what you look like then boi you going to have no trouble finding a very nice boyfriend indeed!

Thanks, that is what I look like haha, the photo on your profile is really nice as well Smile

Thank you very much both of you, your advice has been very useful! I will not rush into saying anything with either of them but may try carefully testing the waters. Both of you have given great responses!

Also, cheers for the fb advice Matt, I was panicking about sending a private message but a status like or something would be alright, cheers guys Smile

Tombo Wrote:Also, cheers for the fb advice Matt, I was panicking about sending a private message but a status like or something would be alright, cheers guys Smile

You're very welcome. Hope you get on well! Smile

Straight boys are fine. I'm bad at dating so I'v stopped trying and I have mostly hetero male friends. They can be nice to look and be good friends. I love a lil eye candy Shakin

Kiid Wrote:Straight boys are fine. I'm bad at dating so I'v stopped trying and I have mostly hetero male friends. They can be nice to look and be good friends. I love a lil eye candy Shakin

Yes, I definitely love a little eye candy too!

all guys have a gay side so... just saying this because my bf is str8 and we acoasionaly kiss

Often labels can be confronting, so trying to come out to someone and admitting that you like them at the same time can be a bit much for some people.

If he doesn't know maybe try dropping hints to see if he picks up that your gay

Tombo Wrote:Thanks, that is what I look like haha, the photo on your profile is really nice as well

Lol dude that was me years ago, lets just say im much more bulked out now ^^

but anytime dude, you see i kinda started falling for one of my best friends who was straight and had the same experiences as you, i came out to him, but didnt tell him i found him attractive and he did what you fear. He picked up his stuff and left without a word, though about 2 weeks later he came back, apologised to me and wanted to still be friends.

I wouldnt want you to experience the same thing i had, because it hurt so bad : /