Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I promise I'm not here to troll.... yeah great heading right...
Hello all,

Firstly, yes I am an Evangelical Christian, politically right wing, conservative...

...OK, are you all still there Smile

Why am I here?

Well firstly, weather we agree with each other or not on homosexual rights, I do believe in basic human respect, this is your house, and I'm certainly not here to make you angry, or uncomfortable etc, nor am I here to try and convert you (yes that makes me laugh as well) and I'm certainly not here to troll in any way.

Up until recently, I haven't had to take a position on homosexual rights, but a situation has now got me to the point where I need to make an educated decision on what I believe is the "right" position for me on this issue.

I hold as a core value in my life, basic human respect, and the best way I can show that to the homosexual community is go straight to the horses mouth and get your side of the argument, and your point of view on the different sub-arguments in this important issue.

In all honesty I am woefully uneducated, I have only one gay acquaintance. I have few if any preconceived ideas, even on the Christian conservative doctrinal point of view.

It's important that you know that I anticipate being given a lot of links to read, and to not actually do a lot of talking. I promise to take all direction from your moderators, even if you simply want me to leave.

My hope is that you will allow me into your house, I am here to listen, and learn, and understand. I owe you that at least.

Thank you for this opportunity to speak.

Sean

hello , welcome Smile

sorry i missed you in chat >___<

Heyo Jack.

I did similar I guess, and joined a Christian forum almost two years ago.
It was quite a learning and eye opening experience.

I don't post much here any more, especially not compared to the Christian forum.
This site has changed a lot over the last year.(Or maybe it's me who has?)

I hope your time here is interesting/enjoyable; though this site isn't really one of discussion, but more of relationship/sexual orientation related advice. With light-hearted threads on the side.
Confusedmile:

I don't get why you have to come to a forum where LGBT people come to talk to get our side when its already being screamed around the world on a daily basis.

We want the same basic rights as everyone else and not to be looked at like second class citizen's, its not difficult to give someone some basic respect.

When the religious brigade come along and preach love to all other then those who follow their faith (like massive hypocrits, they don't love everyone) the atmosphere that we have today between the LGBT community and religious bodies is created. Religious people want laws changed in according to their faith but forget that we all have our own belief systems whether it be personal or from a sheep like mentality.

I'm sorry but if you want answers you should start seeking them at home (within your religion) as to why they can't accept the fact that we exist, surely if god was real and he/she/it felt this way towards gays then he/she/it wouldn't let us live a life of so called "sin". I don't need a man written book to tell me how to be a good person, regardless of whos views it says its from.

Answer me this, why is it that only humans seem to recognise god? I don't see animals congregating together to worship a mythical being. The only way they get together is for mating/survival purposes.

What's this homosexual rights you speak of?

We are asking for human rights...you know, the same human rights afforded 'normal' people AND Evangelical Christians?

Homosexual community? Why are you segregating us? We aren't A community, we are part of THE community, you know, the same one for 'normal' people and Evangelical Christians?

Welcome. Smile

You can find discursive threads here and there, that might help you with a bit of research.

In all honesty, though you're going to find that even from this 'side' you'll find a wide spectrum of views. After all, everyone's an individual. Tongue
Good luck, and good on you for trying to find out as much as you can about a topic before forming an opinion on it Big Grin that's the only right way. It will be hard, I know how it feels to try to form a view when you feel you know nothing, it is very frustrating. Try to avoid the trap of a circular argument when reading things, that'll just get confusing.

have fun!

dfiant Wrote:Homosexual community? Why are you segregating us? We aren't A community, we are part of THE community, you know, the same one for 'normal' people and Evangelical Christians?

i've probably heard more gay people talk about "the gay / homosexual community" than i have straight people ...

SonofJack Wrote:Hello all,

Firstly, yes I am an Evangelical Christian, politically right wing, conservative...

...OK, are you all still there Smile

Don't be put off by any negativity, but at the same time, I wouldn't expect too much out of browsing this forum since it is a discussion forum and just has a mess of a whole lot of opinions and stuff.

Some of us are still here Tongue I hold many conservative views as well, especially on the social side of things.

SonofJack Wrote:Hello all,

I do believe in basic human respect

I hold as a core value in my life, basic human respect

Sean

Hi Sean,

There you have it; that's all you need to know.

SonofJack Wrote:Well firstly, weather we agree with each other or not....

In all honesty I am woefully uneducated....

Your spelling could do with a little improvemnt also.