Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on piercings
I'm pretty sure this question has been asked before, but I'm lazy and don't feel like searching through the threads for it.

I'm seriously considering getting either one or both of my nipples pierced because I think it looks sexy on a guy and it's something I've considered doing for quite a while now. But I'm concerned about how much it's going to hurt.

I've been told that it feels like a lot of pressure at first but that the feeling subsides fairly quickly. And I'm thinking about starting with a small gauge to begin with (18 or 16 gauge horseshoe shaped) and if I want to increase the size later on going no further than a 14 gauge.

So can any of you that have been pierced give some advice on this?

Assuming you do not get infection, most of the pain of any piercing is at the moment that the needle goes through the skin. And yes it feels like jabbing a needle through ___________ (whatever you are having pierced).

There will be a few days of tenderness/soreness - much like with any other wound. Having a bit of metal jabbed through the flesh to keep the wound open will prolong the healing period and will thus prolong the general soreness.

It hurts - a lot to a little - a lot when the needle is being driven home, a little for the healing days.

As for infection, after care and all of that, if you go to a reputable place they will go over the care instructions BEFORE they do the jab, and they will tell you what do do in case of infection.

This isn't like back in the day when we did our piercings at home with ice-cubes, potatoes and rusty sewing needles.

I've been told that nipple piercings are a bit painful.. but as Bowyn said, it's probably mostly as the needle goes in. The first time I got my lip pierced I was terrified -- I hate needles, and I'm not a big fan of pain, but it was nothing. After a quick shooting pain it was done and was no big deal at all.

The aftercare is what's important.

DON'T BE A PUSSY

That's my advice. Pain can be our friend too.

Hi

Everyone is different but from personal experience it didn't hurt much at all. Yes there is pressure and it stings a bit, but an hour later didn't feel it at all.

Just make sure you go to a good (professional) piercing parlour.

Alex

Also keep it clean don't want a nasty infection. usually the people who pierce you will tell you how to keep it clean.

meh they're not that painful
if they hurt while they're healing just take some antibiotics and you'll be fine

Thanks guys. I've had two tattoos so far and neither one of them were very painful. Just a bit discomforting at points. I think I may just do one nipple first to see if I like it and then maybe go back and get the other one.

[QUOTE=
This isn't like back in the day when we did our piercings at home with ice-cubes, potatoes and rusty sewing needles.[/QUOTE]

Hey that's how I did my first piercing, High School 1969 except the needle wasn't rusty

i did quite a few of my piercings myself ~