Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you ever get married?
As of the past few weeks for some reason aside from other things
this was also in my head.

A friend linked some Youtube vids about the 'gay boyfriend tag'. It's
pretty much a Q&A on gay couples from different types of gay couples.
It's really cheesy, don't watch it if you gag easily when you hear cheesiness.

There were some that weren't all that, but there was a few that really
stuck to me. A few have plans to get married and the some are already
engaged. Then it clicked in my head..

"Hah.. Oh yeah, I can married now if I really wanted to.."

Then I met my instructor for my CNA class and he talked about
his partner and how they already have kids and have already been
married for some years now.

So, with me.. I guess if it happens, it happens. It would be nice to
get married, even if it's just a party out in a backyard and I tell my
husband that I love him in front of my friends and family.

Legal or not? I guess, if I'm in California [in the future] it'd be legal,
but if I'm somewhere else, then.. It ultimately only really matters
between me and my husband. [although legalities would be nice, I s'ppose,
but it's not really a big deal to me]

What do you guys think..?

I plan on it someday Smile

You might think it matters more when you're not allowed to see your dying lover in the hospital, certainly not alone, and even more so if the family then can cut you out completely, no funeral, take everything that was his (that you two shared) with you having no legal say at all. Maybe even lose kids, if any (and then there's health insurance, etc, that's sometimes only available to married partners and kids within marriages). Things like that.

I live in Canada, so we have marriage rights.....and yeah, I probably would if I met someone right.

Been there; done that. Sure, it was a straight marriage, but because of it I'm not ready for any kind of marriage in the near future. I'm just trying to date right now, which I need to figure out again way before I even think about marriage again. If something starts to work out just right and doesn't set off red flags, then I might think about marriage. I'm just not expecting that to be soon.

Pix Wrote:You might think it matters more when you're not allowed to see your dying lover in the hospital, certainly not alone, and even more so if the family then can cut you out completely, no funeral, take everything that was his (that you two shared) with you having no legal say at all. Maybe even lose kids, if any (and then there's health insurance, etc, that's sometimes only available to married partners and kids within marriages). Things like that.

Yeah, I thought about that before saying that last bit on my post.

That stuff does matter a lot.

I think that even if I don't sign any legal papers, I'd most definitely committ to one person for life. I mean, I hope I do. I even have someone in mind who shares my opinion on this. It's very important for me - that feeling of formally belonging to someone, that incredible emotional tether. So I'd definitely get married, be it on paper or not.

Open to the idea... but not exactly planning my wedding any time soon Laugh

Someday. I still need to date and find someone first to be my boyfriend. And if I found a bf that was a keeper after a good amount of time of being with him I'm putting a ring on it!

Briefly, NO.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams