Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another point against "pot" being legalized....
Now Im seeing stories about pot smokers leaving their kids in cars to die....

http://autos.aol.com/article/kids-car-he...d%3D366684

Oh that is horrible :'(

You make it sound as if pot was a prerequisite for this, as if alcohol couldn't have been involved instead, that sober people never do it (when they do it a lot), or that it's a major problem unique to pot smokers.

No... you're seeing a story about an alleged pot smoker.

And even assuming that to be fact, there's no plural, no mention of other pot-related instances. It's an isolated instance.
This entire article is about the danger of leaving children in cars alone/too long, it has nothing to do with drug usage.

Even the article only mentions the drug-use in passing, why do you feel the need to make such a statement about it?

Why couldn't you just make a point about parents who don't look after their children properly?

Oh my god dude.... like, chill out and stuff.Sasmokin

This thread shouldn't be named "Another point against "pot" being legalized....",
as it's an inaccurate description for the link provided in your post.

"Why Stupid People Shouldn't Have Babies" or "Another point against procreation"
fits the subject matter much more properly.

This link is interesting:

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/dr.../marijuana

Quote:

Effects on Life

Research clearly demonstrates that marijuana has the potential to cause problems in daily life or make a person's existing problems worse. In fact, heavy marijuana users generally report lower life satisfaction, poorer mental and physical health, relationship problems, and less academic and career success compared to their peers who came from similar backgrounds. For example, marijuana use is associated with a higher likelihood of dropping out from school. Several studies also associate workers' marijuana smoking with increased absences, tardiness, accidents, workers' compensation claims, and job turnover.

The prohibition against cannabis is asinine. You can take pretty much any talking point against it and replace "marijuana" with "alcohol" and it's the same argument. I don't smoke it much anymore, but I do have friends that do and will do it with them on occasion. If people are educated on what it does and how it effects the body and mind, I don't see the harm in occasional recreational use.

This has nothing to do with pot, just stupid people.

Our prime minister, david cameron left his child in a pub, i bet he never smoked a joint, or if he did he "never inhaled" lol lol