Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainbowfiddlder.... new to the forum
Hello Everyone...

I have known that I was "gay" since I was 5 but long short I have only been completely out of the closet for about 9 years..

I have come to this forum to meet new fiends and to people like me..... I have lots of questions... mostly about where I belong, fit in....

When I have friends tell in me that I don't "ACT GAY" or cant find what "group" I belong to.... it makes me wonder.... I know that I like and am attracted to guys, but when most people think that I am straight ( even some gay guys) It really puts me in a bad spot....

I hope that this forum will help me with the support I need and help me to grow and learn...

BTW did I mention that I cant dance?.... LOL I need a lot of help.....

RainbowFiddler

You knew you were gay when you were 5?
O.o
I didn't even know what gay was when I was 5 other than it was something that my uncle was.
But I have met a 12year old who was out of the closet. He was a cool dude.
Also welcome

Hi welcome to GS. Smile
An eye for an eye

I often wonder what "acting gay" actually means. Does it mean that one is automatically feminine, interested in fashion, inclined to wear eye makeup, have limp wrists, speak in a high pitched voice etc? If that's the case, heterosexuals wouldn't be unable to recognise the vast majority of gays. But I digress.

Welcome to GS. You'll find we're a friendly bunch here. If you have questions just fire away.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

That people think your straight isnt a bad thing, we shouldnt be inclined to act a certain way just cause were attracted to the same sex, just be natural & be yourself, welcome to gs rainbowfiddler Smile

Hiii!

Welcome to GS ;D

And totally understand where you're coming from. I've asked
myself before..

"If that's what gay LOOKS like and IS like then I must not be one.."

You don't need to fit a certain 'gay stereotype' to be gay.
I've had to go through a similar thing awhile ago.

In the end just be yourself :]

See you around~!

Welcome to GS Smile

hey , welcome

Welcome to gs Smile

And what everyone else said - your friends just don't know better. The only thing that really means "acting gay" is shtupping the same sex.

Oh please, don't worry about fitting in. You just need to be who you are. I'm personally a masculine gay guy but I don't really feel like I'm not 'belonging'. Gay just means I'm sexually attracted to men, not that I I'm a feminine man Tongue Don' worry, you're not alone.