Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not eating
I've been trying to lose a little weigh but nothing has helped.I exercise but I'm not getting any results.I have a huge event in June and I suddenly don't fit in the outfit I am going to wear.In December,I was a size 35 but I've somehow balloned to a whopping size 38.Starting today,I started my my no food diet.I had milk and a slice of brown bread this morning and then lettuce for lunch.This just has to work.

no food!?? Bad diet!

I really wouldn't recommend it.. have you checked your stats... bf% especially.

Eating smaller meals but regularly (like 6 times a day) should help boost your metabolism which in turn helps burn more calories. And up the amount of exercise you do.

To eat too little puts your body into starvation which means what you do eat is more likely to be stored. Although you may lose weight due to eating less calories than your maintainence requirements, when you eat normally again, you are likely to regain weight much more quickly (yo-yo dieting ftl!)

I don't know my body fat percentage,is there a formula for calculating that as well?My current BMI is 21.I'm starving.For dinner,Trey is making me healthy hake.I know it's unhealthy but I have to fit in my high school uniform.The pants are TOO tight and it's a mission to spend more than 30 minutes in my blazer when it's buttoned up.

I don't mean this to sound sarcastic, but could you not just buy some new trousers that fit, and leave the jacket unbuttoned?

Yeah but where do I get the school badge for the pants?Plus this is also about losing weight in general.I'm so hungry and there's fudge in the fridge.

Dan1089 Wrote:Yeah but where do I get the school badge for the pants?Plus this is also about losing weight in general.I'm so hungry and there's fudge in the fridge.

Goodness, Dan, as we grow older our bodies also fill out and change shapes. I think you'd better not get yourself into too much of an unhealthy dieting pattern which won't help. You could try doing a little more exercise, to keep the metabolism high (but that's if you have time) and also I'd recommend going to see a dietician who normally knows his or her business and can help you in finding what suits you and your eating patterns. Don't go starving... that's not a recipe for success.

Dan1089 Wrote:I've been trying to lose a little weigh but nothing has helped.I exercise but I'm not getting any results.I have a huge event in June and I suddenly don't fit in the outfit I am going to wear.In December,I was a size 35 but I've somehow balloned to a whopping size 38.Starting today,I started my my no food diet.I had milk and a slice of brown bread this morning and then lettuce for lunch.This just has to work.

Do you know why you have been gaining weight? Have you done a daily diary of your eating habits? If you see a dietitian they will ask you to do a 3 day diary.

What kind of exercises are you doing? It takes a good amount of aerobic exercise to start burning fat. I believe it is over 20 mins that you just start to burn fat and you have to have sustained a certain level of exercise to get there.

Are you on any meds that would effect your metabolism? At 25 you should still have a very healthy metabolism. You might have a thyroid problem.

Growing up as a very fat child I did what you are doing now but I did it in Jr. High School. I ate breakfast and lunch but no dinner. I walked then ran and after two months lost a lot of weight. It is a life change of constant dieting (meaning a balanced amount of good foods) and exercise.

good luck in getting in your old school uniform but dont stress it - that could be what is causing you problems in losing weight. Stress can be a killer...

Guys,thanks for the concern and I know that's it's extremely unhealthy but I'll stop when I fit in those pants again.I'm still a healthy lad so I reckon I can pull this off successfully.What I noticed is that it's the cafeteria at work that has all these unhealthy foods.For breakfast,I had orange juice and a rusk.

Dan1089 Wrote:Guys,thanks for the concern and I know that's it's extremely unhealthy but I'll stop when I fit in those pants again.I'm still a healthy lad so I reckon I can pull this off successfully.What I noticed is that it's the cafeteria at work that has all these unhealthy foods.For breakfast,I had orange juice and a rusk.

The OJ is good for vitamins but quite a lot of calories due to the sugars... (depends on what type of OJ as to whether it was good natural sugar or not... either way... calories!).

As for the rusk, you might do better to have a wholegrain cereal with a splash of milk... brighten it up with a bit of fruit and it's all good Confusedmile: That way you're not starving yourself so you'll still have all the energy you need, you're getting all the vitamins and fibre you need, and it's all fairly healthy still.

I usually have:

Cereal, vitamin tablet and glass of milk or water for breakfast, followed by a banana.

Chicken breast sandwich and a vanilla yoghurt for lunch.

Dinner varies from day to day.

And that's what I usually have in a normal non-working non-uni day Confusedmile:
Unless I'm out with Ian and he buys me something or we go to cinema or we go out for dinner etc.

One thing I remember reading, and it makes sense, Dan, is to have carrots around the house (well, preferably in your pantry or fridge) and to gnaw on a carrot when you feel a little faint or feel like biting your teeth into something. Carrots are naturally sweet and can stave off that blood sugar craving, so I hear. It sounds like a good idea, but you've got to like carrots. But carrots are low cal so it sounds like something to try out.