Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling my parents I am a Lesbian
Hi everyone,

I am a lesbian, and kinda scare to tell my parents about my sexuality I do not think they will approve it at all. I just do not know how to tell them. If they do not like it oh well this is who I am.

sounds like you have the right attitude. often in coming out, parents have problems excepting, in the beginning, but will eventually ease into some level of comfort. tho, not knowing you, or your family. of course no money back guarantee here.
keep your head up. do you have a support group? friends can be crucial in times like this. hope this experience treats you kindly!!

Make sure you have a good support system, close friends or whatever comes close...you know, people who can be there for you whatever happens.

If you have close people who know, they can help you to develop a good approach to your parents

do it at your own pace, do it if you're comfortable.

Best of lucks, since it's a tricky matter, but a highly rewarding one from what I hear

Yeah I told some friends they were surprised at first but they accept it. I just want my parents to understand but like you said they will be surprised at first about it.

Why do you feel the need to tell? This is your life, your feelings, you don't have to share them if you don't want to.

That's a good step forward! Smile But, make sure that even if your parents don't accept it, they won't throw you out on the street. Makes sure to have a good back up place to live in or places to crash for few nights, while your parents may discuss on your coming out if they don't take it well. Or you can also come out once you graduated university or get a job and can support your own life. If you already can support your own life, I think you can go ahead and tell, but always have friends with you.

I mean do not have to tell MisterLove. It is just hard keeping something like this from them.

lesbiancutie Wrote:I do not think they will approve it at all.

There is only one way to find out and that is - pardon me - get a grip, be adventurous and take the risk that they will not approve.

You may be pleasantly surprised. But, you won't find out unless you are prepared to take that risk. Only take it when you are truly comfortable.

I'm not sure most parents want to know anything about their child's sex life. Don't hide it, but don't push it either.

If it concerns them, they'll most likely ask. At that point, they're ready for the conversation. Or they'll figure it out and not ask. For example, I live in the gayest part of LA. What else need be said?

If you feel your parents might react very strongly and dangerously, have a back up plan as to where you can go before telling them. Other than that, there's always going to be a risk involved in that they might be negative................ But even if their initial response is negative, the sooner you tell them, the more of a headstart you'll have in getting them to love you as you are.

Good luck Smile.