Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this attraction or all in my head?
Well, I saw a picture of a guy. And I didn't feel nothibg. But the next day I remembered it and it gave me anxiety. Then after obsessing for a bit when I woudl think of just his face I got this werid feeling when I breathe out. And I kept doing it because I was trying to figure out what it was. But it's like when I breathe out and think of his face I get this feeling and i can't really explain it. But it freaks me out because I'm not sure if it's attraction. It only lasts for as long as I breathe out. And I can keep doing it and getting the same feeling. I don't know whay it is. I'm not sexually aroused. And i'm not thinking or wanting to think of him in a sexual way. It's liek I breath out and get the feeling when thinking of his face and then I gotta say liek "he's good looking" or "he's cute". I'm not sure if it's just me making myself feel this way when I think of it. Or if it's my anxiety or if it's atttaction. I identify as straight and have a gf. This scares the crap out of me tho.

Ah.....puppy lust. Here today, gone tomorrow.....or once you gotten "it".

We all have gotten that puppy lust "twinge" at least once in our life. I had one over someone I could definitely have never had. But the feeling went away.

Dont worry, its nothing serious. Just infatuation.

I admire his looks. But sometimes I think of his face and nothing. That's why idk if it's my anxiety!!!

ocdDan Wrote:Well, I saw a picture of a guy ... I identify as straight and have a gf. This scares the crap out of me tho.
Have you ever even met this guy, or just seen his picture. Where did you see the picture. If it was in a magazine ad, you're nowhere near alone. He was hired for his ability to invoke precisely that type of reaction (in women AND in men), just by his looks.

But either way don't worry about it. 50 years ago they called it latent homosexuality. I don't know if they even have a name for it anymore. But the idea is that nobody is 100% straight nor 100% gay. It's a continuum. If you're bi-curious, maybe you'll look into it, but you don't need to. How you follow it up is entirely up to you.

Talk to your girlfriend about it. That's what I did when I was about your age. She'll most likely understand. Or don't. But don't obsess over it. It doesn't really matter.

It sounds like you may have a type of OCD around the topic of homosexuality, and that you are perhaps afraid of homosexual urges (why you might feel anxiety).
http://www.ocfoundation.org/eo_ho.aspx

Realizing that there's nothing wrong with being gay, bisexual, or straight might help. Just honestly realize, it's biological and natural to feel these feelings. Also realize that if you like men AND women, you can still date women if that's what you prefer --- it's no problem.

A very simple way to figure out if you have homosexual feelings is to figure out if you have a sexual response to men. This can be done by seeing if you can masturbate to thoughts or images of explicitly men, if you can't tell by feeling alone. You can also tell if you're attracted to women with the same crude methods.
On a less physically crude (but still crude in that it's rather outdated), you could try identifying yourself on the kinsey scale: http://vistriai.com/kinseyscaletest/

MANY people score neither 6 nor 0, meaning that many people have both hetero and homo sexual feelings, and that is okay.

Hopefully this helps with the anxiety...

Maybe a guy crush...it's not really a bad thing.

I also get the same at times with girls, most especially if i really like their face, it wont get out of my mind... I even save their faces on my phone when I like a girl's face so much

I guess it's nothing really serious...

You are just worried and anxious that you are feeling that way for a guy. Don't freak out...we all appreciate beauties of different genders

I think it may be my anxiety! because sometimes if i just calm down and think of it i dont get the feeling! and i even tried masturbating to the image of the guy and imaging having sex with him! it just didnt do anything for me, no arousal or attraction and i didnt care for it! so im not sexually attracted. But i do think he is god looking and I admire his looks.

questioning Wrote:Have you ever even met this guy, or just seen his picture. Where did you see the picture. If it was in a magazine ad, you're nowhere near alone.

Yes it was a picture online! I dont understand this feeling! i dont wanna be with him in any sexual way at all, dont wanna touch or kiss him. But i do think he is good looking.

ocdDan Wrote:Yes it was a picture online! I dont understand this feeling! i dont wanna be with him in any sexual way at all, dont wanna touch or kiss him. But i do think he is good looking.

Well that's perfectly okay. I'm gay, but I can tell if a girl is pretty, hot, or ugly, and that doesn't mean I want to have sex with them.

If guys bring nothing to the table in terms of sexual attraction and fulfillment, you are not gay. And even then, there's the possibility that you would like both men and women, and you still wouldn't be gay in that case (you'd be bi).

Try not to worry about this too much. Even if you are gay, it's not the end of the world, and there are worse things. From what you've said though you don't sound gay, so you can hopefully stop worrying about this now. 1blue1

I would say it's a small crush don't over think it.Confusedmile: