Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes I hate being gay because I feel being straight would be easier..
You'd never have to come out.. it'd be easier to find someone to date, etc...

I mean, I'm actually happy with who I am but sometimes I feel this way. Granted, they're just feelings and there's no way to change anything (not sure I would if I could), but does anyone else feel this way?

Guess I do when I'm feeling lonely, which would be tonight. Bleh!!! Imurevenge

Of course, being straight is a lot easier. It's always easier when you're a part of the "normal" majority and do "normal things".

Very true sir. Though I've never been normal in most other ways either, so I guess I just need to embrace it all lol.

Yes being straight would be easier,but there nothing wrong with be gay at all.

Hopefully in time it will get easier for future generations and will be no need for any body to come out,everyone will be just accepted for who they are no matter their sexuality.

Dude I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I think the biggest thing that bugs me is just that it has to be a big deal. Like why can't I just like guys and move on with my life?

I still haven't told one of my best friends since like kindergarten for this reason. I know he knows, and another friend keeps telling me I should tell him. I wish it could just be what it is though, and I don't have to have this conversation with all my friends.

At the same time, I don't regret it. I couldn't imagine not liking guys... bastards have to be so cute!

I agree with it being easier. Everytime I go out its always to straight clubs etc which don't get me wrong I do prefer but still it does feel a bit random when you see everyone getting off with someone but you know that if you found someone and did that somebody would make a comment. (I do not go out looking for random hookups by the way!)

I think it will get easier being gay and in the next generation when someone announces they are bisexual/gay people will be like so what? Almost as if someone straight decided to say 'I'M STRAIGHT' haha but who knows?! Forums like this are great for that feeling though as if theres anything on your mind you can always discuss it here. Smile
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:I agree with it being easier. Everytime I go out its always to straight clubs etc which don't get me wrong I do prefer but still it does feel a bit random when you see everyone getting off with someone but you know that if you found someone and did that somebody would make a comment. (I do not go out looking for random hookups by the way!)

I think it will get easier being gay and in the next generation when someone announces they are bisexual/gay people will be like so what? Almost as if someone straight decided to say 'I'M STRAIGHT' haha but who knows?! Forums like this are great for that feeling though as if theres anything on your mind you can always discuss it here. Smile

I agree i feel envious when i see couples together in public kissing,snuggling etch
And does frustrate that society still finds it hard to witness two men doing the same in public,and that this would be greeted with at best stares and at worst with rude or vulgar comments.

At the end of the day should it matter who we choose to love?

Wolfpack Wrote:I agree i feel envious when i see couples together in public kissing,snuggling etch
And does frustrate that society still finds it hard to witness two men doing the same in public,and that this would be greeted with at best stares and at worst with rude or vulgar comments.

At the end of the day should it matter who we choose to love?

Yeah I know. Again I refer back to my manager I think I've moaned to him before about how much it bugs me so if we go out for lunch he constantly tries to hold my hand or link arms because in his words 'You shouldn't be ashamed at all and if anyone says anything fuck them or I'll fuck them up' haha. Im lucky with where I live its quite accepting and we have a very strong gay presence, but still I feel a bit odd acting like its normal even though I know it is! Its a shame really. Although what I find odd? I see more lesbians out and about just carrying on as normal than gay guys - does society accept lesbians more than gay guys?
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Yeah it is hard but so is everything else. I feel like i got a bum deal in more ways than one.

Marky Wrote:Yeah I know. Again I refer back to my manager I think I've moaned to him before about how much it bugs me so if we go out for lunch he constantly tries to hold my hand or link arms because in his words 'You shouldn't be ashamed at all and if anyone says anything fuck them or I'll fuck them up' haha. Im lucky with where I live its quite accepting and we have a very strong gay presence, but still I feel a bit odd acting like its normal even though I know it is! Its a shame really. Although what I find odd? I see more lesbians out and about just carrying on as normal than gay guys - does society accept lesbians more than gay guys?

It is still hard for lesbians but i think there is slightly more acceptance.
Women in general gay or straight have always been able to be more touchy with each other,such as two women kissing each other or dancing with one another is considered acceptable and normal.

But seeing two men together in a intimate way and society still seems to have a FREAK OUT.