Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do I do when I love my best friend?
I realized I am bi when I fell in love with my best friend. I do not want to do anything to damage our friendship as friendship is incredibly important to me. I would rather have her in my life as a friend, than not at all. I do not know if she is les/bi, but she does know that I am and has been incredibly supportive. A part of me thinks the risk is too high, but another part doesn't want to live with any regrets. I don't know if I can hide my true feelings much longer, but I can if I need to. What should I do?

I don't see how long you two have been friends but I would guess for awhile. If she knows your Bi and hasn't acted upon it in a duration of time yet has been suppotive I would guess she is a straight ally. So approach the topic from that stand point just saying for example that you wish you could find someone like her that was les/bi rather than push it with her.
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

We have been friends for over 2 years, but I just came to the realization a little less than a month ago. So she hasn't known for long and she also knows I am having a hard time adjusting and coming to terms with everything. So, I don't think she would act on it for that reason anyway. She has indicated herself that if she were to be attracted to a woman who was a friend, she wouldn't do anything about it because of the friendship. But, I think she could be the love of my life.

well it happens to me. It was hard. One day i told him that i was in love. He was surprised, but he say that he was satright and that we had a good friendship that will never ends. Now he is married after that i just forgot the feeling and we are still goood friends

Give it alittle more time without pressing the issue, a best friend shouldn't be going anywhere and maybe she needs a little time also.
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

I want to help you, because I have been in the same situation. But sadly I do not have the answers =/

I think this was put the best, relating with my situation:
James Wrote:Give it a little more time without pressing the issue, a best friend shouldn't be going anywhere and maybe she needs a little time also.

I just wouldn't push it, but know you have a community here for support.
Love and Luck.