Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lonely i guess
well broke up with my boyfriend and i feel like a bastard for doing it he was a sweet guy and i thought i loved him and i did but i just wasn't romance anyway long story short i'm lonely and want to talk to people maybe make some friends and who knows.

anyway i love making new friends so don't be afraid to talk to me and that's all have a nice day <3

It takes a good amount of strength to catch a guy and accept that he's not the right one for you and let him go again. A lot of people grab on and just cling, no matter how many things stack up against their partner to make them less and less compatable for them, yeah?

Loneliness can be difficult, and I see from your other posts that you're also dealing with some depression as well.

Wolfpack, in your other thread about depression, had some good ideas for you that would help with not just depression but also with your feelings of loneliness.

You need to start structuring your days. Even if you don't break down every hour of your day, set aside at least 1-2 hours a day for activity. Something that involves getting -out- of the house and into public, even if that means going to a park for a jog or to a gym, etc.

You should also try planning at least a couple times a week to hang out with other people. I'm not talking about potential partners or other gay people.... just people. Friends or acquaintances. Find a group either through school or your local community that has interests you're drawn to and GO to their meetings, etc.

Speaking as someone who deals with clinical depression regularly, I know it can be hard to motivate yourself but you really need to PUSH and make yourself do these things. Both exercise and social contact help with both depression and feelings of loneliness. You need to be proactive in caring for yourself. Not just the simple crap like brushing your teeth, pulling yourself out of bed, showering daily, etc. But the stuff like what I list above as well.

Also from your other thread...

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:A therapist will give you coping tools and might even figure out the root cause of the situational part of the depression.

Some, perhaps many, people have what I call situation depression, its not a chemical imbalance, its stuff in life that drags them down. More often than if one deals with the stuff dragging you down you can snap out of depression. If you wait too long, then a situational depression can become a chemical depression, meaning that you have been sad for X amount of time and your body has just decided to go with it and maintain the depressing chemicals as depression levels.

So you need to consider how long you have been depressed. If its something relatively new and you can trace it back to a break up, a death, a life change - then you need to work on those or that causing circumstance, work through it process it, go through the stages of grief and reach acceptance.

I really encourage you to look into a counselor or therapist. Someone who can help you ascertain the tools you need to help you pull yourself out of the slump you're feeling and teach you the tools you need to both dig yourself out, but also keep yourself from sliding back in again.

You can talk to me Charlotte. (;
I'm relatively new, so I can't send pms yet but I should be able to pretty soon.

you know the anime/manga of madoka magica thats just so cool <3<3<3<3<3

Of course. Smile
It's one of my favorite series!
What other anime do you like?

well hellsing, elfen lied, deadman wonderland, fullmetal, and others how about you Smile

Sweet! I like those. Haven't seen Elfen lied though. I'll have to sometime.

Madoka (obviously)
Shinsekai yori (favorite ever maybe)
Steins Gate
Ano Hana
Monster
Kara no Kyoukai
And lots more! Haha.

Do you game any?

yes i used to game alot on the 360 till i got steam and minecraft now i mostly play PC i still play on the 360 cause its still fun.

how about you pc or counsel

also the games mostly consist of silent hill and war games.

Both!
Mostly PS3 and PC.

Uh, lots of random stuff.
Elder scrolls, kingdom hearts, Zelda, asssasins creed, guild wars, WoW, Diablo, Path of Exile, Minecraft, CoD, black light retribution, planet side (online shooter), etc....
Not really playing anything now though. May play uncharted soon. Have it and I've heard good things.

Funny thing no one is trying to tell you to take advice from others but asking you for money... I bet you run out of money before they get tired of helping you.

I'm just talking about how psychological counseling works... if you want to argue the other side please do!!!!!!!!!!!