Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know this sounds weird, but I'M SO LONELY!
Hi guys and girls,
I just wanted to get your opinion, and maybe some guidance. I'm a gay man, and I've come out to most people in my life very recently (within the last week). So far, everyone has been absolutely wonderful about it; I thought my parents would kinda freak, but they were absolutely awesome, I couldn't be happier.
I've known I'm gay for a few years, but had to hide it from others until I felt comfortable telling everyone. Now was a good time, being as I'm lo longer living with my parents (I'm only 21, btw lolRoflmao ) and I'm in a new city with a clean slate.
Lately, I've begun to feel VERY lonely. I've never been in a real relationship, and want one very much. What I'm NOT looking for is casual sex, a one night stand, a relationship with no exchange of feelings or lack of feelings altogether, etc. But, I really don't know how or where to go to meet other gay men! I've registered online at a few sites, but so far no one's even shown any interest whatsoever in me. And this shocked me (not to sound rude or full of myself), because I'm not bad looking at all. I'm no Abercrombie underwear model, but not bad looking. :tongue:
Anyways, as I was saying, I'm so lonely. I know it's horribly cliche and kinda stupid, but I feel like my life would be SO MUCH BETTER and more fulfilling/meaningful if I had the love of my life going through it with me. Now, I realize that I may not find my true soulmate on my first partner, or even on the second, and so on. I do realize that it's the same as heterosexual dating: you win some, you lose some. But the way I see it, ANY kind of affection right now beats where I'm at!
HELP!! I welcome your advice, opinions, etc. Please post whatever you want. I can take it!
Thanks everyone!

I hope someone comes along soon who will give you

*big hugs*

Synaesthete Wrote:I hope someone comes along soon who will give you

*big hugs*

Aww, thanks! You're so sweet. Like I said, I'm just kinda miserable. I recently moved to a new city, so I left all my friends and everyone else I knew back home. So I have no friends and no one to even hang out with here. I'm just hoping someone will come along, and soon. Even if it's just as a friend, someone who understands. Oh, well. I'm sure when the time is right, it will happen. Again, thanks for the "virtual hugs" lol

I hope you find someone. I'm in the same boat, thought I'm rather inward focused than attempting to find love, still the loneliness is unbearable most days.

mattm816 Wrote:Aww, thanks! You're so sweet. Like I said, I'm just kinda miserable. I recently moved to a new city, so I left all my friends and everyone else I knew back home. So I have no friends and no one to even hang out with here. I'm just hoping someone will come along, and soon. Even if it's just as a friend, someone who understands. Oh, well. I'm sure when the time is right, it will happen. Again, thanks for the "virtual hugs" lol

People will come along. You know why? Because things change. The only constant is change. You will never be stuck in the same situation forever. To start yourself off you need to BELIEVE and KNOW that people will come.

Synaesthete Wrote:People will come along. You know why? Because things change. The only constant is change. You will never be stuck in the same situation forever. To start yourself off you need to BELIEVE and KNOW that people will come.

I know you're right, it just doesn't feel that way right now. And it doesn't help things that I'm a hopeless romantic, hahaha. I'm just trying to get through till something changes, as I know it will.

XRIMO Wrote:I hope you find someone. I'm in the same boat, thought I'm rather inward focused than attempting to find love, still the loneliness is unbearable most days.

Thanks, I wish you luck and happiness, as well. Everyone deserves to find love, and it's super hard to not have a special someone in your life. At least for some people. I'm not one of those who is happy by myself all the time. But anyways, good luck, I hope you find someone who makes you very happy! Confusedmile:
-Matt-

A great way to meet people is to do extracurricular activities that you absolutely love. Do you enjoy cooking...take a cooking class...photography...join a photo club. What do you love to do? Try to find a social club associated with what you love to do and you will begin meeting people that are interesting to you. Just be very friendly and outgoing, ask a lot of questions to your new acqauaintences. Always try to have a sparkle in your eye and you'll go far trust me. Give it a shot and keep us posted.

Jfierce Wrote:A great way to meet people is to do extracurricular activities that you absolutely love. Do you enjoy cooking...take a cooking class...photography...join a photo club. What do you love to do? Try to find a social club associated with what you love to do and you will begin meeting people that are interesting to you. Just be very friendly and outgoing, ask a lot of questions to your new acqauaintences. Always try to have a sparkle in your eye and you'll go far trust me. Give it a shot and keep us posted.

Yeah that's great advice, I've heard that helps. The university I attend has a really good LGBT office/lounge (which is where I am now! Cool) where like minded guys/girls can chill, hang out ,etc. I've been coming here often, but everyone is already established in their little "groups", but they seem to be very kind and inviting. I'm doing my best. But thanks for the good advice, it's appreciated!! :biggrin:
-Matt-

You have a lot of complex interests buddy, throw yourself into them and it will open up the world to ya!