Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afraid
I'm afraid of letting people know how I feel, afraid of showing my feelings like crying and be angry. Im working on it though, when I talk to my friends I always say this makes me feel blah blah blah. Its kind of corny but its helping. I always figured it was a culture thing, me being Asian in all. How its disrespect to show how you truly feel. And eye contact is a b**** for me. This one time I had to go talk to one of my teachers for something. I tried really hard to look her in the eye the whole time than It just got really awkward so than I looked down and zoned out at her boobs. I caught myself but it was really embarrassing. Ever since than its just been really weird between us lol. I'm not really shy.

I feel very similarly and know how difficult it is. Let's both keep working on it. Smile

Keep pushing yourself and working on your social skills, you will get there in the end, and do not beat yourself up if at first you do not succeed, be kind to yourself. Smile

Will: Adam sent me to answer this post because it sounds like me. When we first met, I couldn't even identify my feelings, never mind express them. I would be sitting there with a rigid smile saying, Everything is fine - right up until I punched a hole in the wall. Things have gotten better, but expressing my feelings is still a huge deal for me. I can do it with Adam, and with this guy Kurt who's a really close friend, but other than that I freeze. Telling people how I feel makes me feel exposed and vulnerable.
It sounds like you're doing good with it. I hope you continue to post on this topic, it's encouraging for me to see someone else handling it.

I'm in the same boat as you. Always keeping to myself and feeling inhibited.

I don't really have any good advice (I wouldn't be in the same boat anymore if I did) but I sympathize Bighug

Sounds like some type of support network is required!

Whilst living the heterosexual life, I could not express myself to ladies that I had affections for. Am finding that is not the case with any of the guys that I am now interested in.

If you refuse to sacrifice yourself, for anyone, it becomes easier to speak what is on your mind.

Sharing one's emotions is scary... because being -vulnerable- is scary. And that's exactly what sharing your emotions with others opens you up to. Vulnerability.

I used to think this was a very bad thing. I think that with most people? It still is. But you need to find those you can trust to -let- yourself be vulnerable to. Some are better at it than others, but everyone needs that.