Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't love anyone anymore?
I broke up with my boyfriend of a year ago. He is such a great, cute guy and he was so wonderful and nice to me. But due to circumstances beyond our control, we have to break up.
After that, I have tried to be with a lot of guys. All of them are nice guys but somehow, I keep remembering about him, his face, his voices and everything belongs to him.
What should I do, a year has passed since our breakup. I wonder if he have another boyfriend or not, but for me, I can't think of anyone else but him. I know that I still love him like crazy and craving for him everyday...

As long as you think there's a chance you two can get back together...you truly haven't broken up with him. Which is why you haven't been able to get anywhere with anybody else.

Lex

I also don't sense that you have really 'broken' up with him.

That feeling is not comfortable, I know. But somehow, you must also move on, he might be a guy you can't forget, but remember that he and you are on different way.

I tell you my story, i used to love a straight guy. Yeah, he not love me, but in that time, I thought that he's all my life and i can't live without him. But the life keep running and one day i realized that I'm a stupid head to keep live on with that love. And I give up, of course it sad but now i remember it as a good feeling and memory. Try not to let that stop your way.

If you can do it, one day you will look back and tell your future partner that you used to have a very sweet, lovely boyfriend and he as good as your future partner. In that time, you will see that you're love again

it sounds like you're still emotionally attached to your ex, not like you can't love anymore

I guess the worst happened to me, it's almost 3 years since my breakup w/ my ex bf

I don't love him anymore, don't want him to come back, no more lingering feelings to him but I can't still love anyone just like the way I loved him

Anonymous Wrote:But due to circumstances beyond our control, we have to break up.

? I'd like to know what these are... primarily because maybe they aren't as insurmountable as you (or both of you) believe?

Anonymous Wrote:After that, I have tried to be with a lot of guys. All of them are nice guys but somehow, I keep remembering about him, his face, his voices and everything belongs to him.

What should I do, a year has passed since our breakup. I wonder if he have another boyfriend or not, but for me, I can't think of anyone else but him. I know that I still love him like crazy and craving for him everyday...

Ok so I'm going to be a bit callous on this part. Maybe you should start thinking of him as dead, rather than just broken up with.

If the separation is truly insurmountable, then it's time to let go, and letting go means when you think about him, you push those thoughts away. When you find yourself comparing others to him, you STOP yourself, admonish yourself for being unfair, and work harder not to do it again.

This is exactly what happened to my ex bf when his 1st bf died. It took him 2 years to start going out again, then he met me and promised he'll move on if I strengthened him. But he didn't. He couldn't love anyone either. Every day and night he kept remembering him, spending sleepless nights crying. I did the impossible to push him to move on, even when I realized he didn't love me. That is why I stopped loving him too, for every place we walked in made him speak of his memory with his ex. It hurt me badly, and when he was finally back to his normal life he completely ignored me. So I left him without a word.

This is what you're going through now. If being back together with your bf is practically impossible, then you have to let go of the past. If you keep remembering him the way your post describes, then I guarantee you that nobody will stand being in love with you while the feelings are not mutual.