Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New year fitness goals!
Hey boys!

2015 is fast approaching. Are you joining the January fitness craze or are you already there?! Maybe you are going to let it all slide by....

I had a head start. After saying I would get a PT for ages I finally started with my personal trainer this month. He defintely likes to inflict pain having spent most of this month aching. Thankfully it helps that he is nice to look at too so my eyes is the only part that isn't hurting.

Hopefully eating better from January after this holiday food madness and more time in the gym.

What's your fitness goals?

I think I shared this in your other thread but I need to become a stronger swimmer, having taken up stand-up paddleboarding last year at this time. I wear safety gear and I can swim but would still feel more confident if I was stronger at it, plus I need to get more lean and the only thing I hate more than running is running in the winter.

I did strongman and other intense weight training up until a few years ago but had to tone it down due to eye problems. I still hope to gain a little intensity in the weight room too. I recently synced back up with a guy I used to lift with regularly; he's not an ideal partner (unreliable and not really methodical in his training) but he's fun to be around so even chatting a minute and spotting each other here and there makes the gym more fun.

I wish I could afford a regular trainer; I worked for one for a long time and it really made a difference. I know what I'm doing, but the standing appointment was a good motivator to be regular and committed about training during the week in between.

Hey [MENTION=21783]ShiftyNJ[/MENTION] having a gym buddy is better than doing it alone :-)

I'm rubbish at swimming. The amount of energy I can generate through that doesn't seem to be proportional to the effort!

No gym time...but I have to get back on my bike....I was doing an hour a day and then stopped in the summer because I was outdoors all the time......time to haul ass and drop another 15 pounds.

Another rerun from the other thread. Continue the jogging. I did crunches a few years ago, and they made the stomach firmer (to the touch) but no smaller. Not sure if I'll pick that back up again. I'm assuming if I continue the vegetarian diet, I'll shed some more pounds, too. And perhaps the sex will burn some calories, as well. Smile

Lex

I don't know. Maybe not getting fatter?
I think I'm kinda chubby. So I need to work-out a lot, but then, I didn't have time for that. But I do cycle my bike everyday (I go to school by bike, about 2 hours a day).
Maybe that's much, isn't it?

I'm actually going to keep on what I'm doing, I mean honey it's all about the bubble butt ; )
Beside that, I'll try to be in a healthy weight range and I'll be satisfied with that.

I joined a gym last March. My partner has warned me about the Resolutionists who will spawn next week and hog up all of the equipment throughout January and the first parts of February.

"The zombies are coming!"

Scared-smiley-face

JackBoneTX Wrote:I joined a gym last March. My partner has warned me about the Resolutionists who will spawn next week and hog up all of the equipment throughout January and the first parts of February.

"The zombies are coming!"

Scared-smiley-face

Yes it is a pain in the ass. I go late enough that it doesn't usually affect me too badly.

I tried to get into the whole gym-craze.. But people scared me off. There are too many people there and I just want to be left alone, to do as I please with the machines in my own time. I can't work out with people looking over my shoulder tapping their foot waiting for me to be done with the thing.