Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fashion/style advice
Hey guys!

Need a fashion advice here. I love Sid Kassidy jewelry line but I'm hesitating and feeling unsure and shy to wear them. In your opinion would this look feminine rather then elegant, original and stylish? Do you think its fashionable for me as a guay men?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SteeveMonarch Wrote:Hey guys!

Need a fashion advice here. I love Sid Kassidy jewelry line but I'm hesitating and feeling unsure and shy to wear them. In your opinion would this look feminine rather then elegant, original and stylish? Do you think its fashionable for me as a guay men?

Thanks!
I'm the last person in the world to give anyone "fashion" advice in general but especially about jewelry. I can't stand to have metal attached to my body. I can wear leather, wood, bone, ceramic, crystal, that sort of thing, but no metal. That said, the question is, can YOU pull it off. IOW, it isn't about the specific piece of jewelry or clothing so much as it's about you, your look, your attitude, your presentation. That's what determines whether something looks "elegant, original and stylish." If you're feeling "hesitant, unsure and shy" about wearing it, then that won't work. You have to feel bold, courageous, "in your face" and drop dead elegant with it on.

If you have to ask, you're not man enough to wear them.
Jesse6

If you love jewelry then rock it! Anybody who thinks it's too fem, isn't anybody you're interested in anyway.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I would wear them...maybe not all at once Wink but I would definately wear them.
~Beaux

i don't wear jewelry myself, but i do know that some of the things intended for women can be pulled off on a guy, if done well. it wholly depends on context, i.e. what else you have on you. what clothes will you be wearing at the same time and what other jewelry, what your hair is like, what you're like as a person, etc.

the examples you showed here are all rather dominant, so to say. there's no way you can wear one and not have others notice it, it draws attention to itself. so, my advice is, don't wear anything else that is also eye-catching, or bold with these. that means no other jewelry or fashion-statement clothing. it will become too much on one person at the same time, and is not a sign of good taste.

MikeW Wrote:I'm the last person in the world to give anyone "fashion" advice in general but especially about jewelry. I can't stand to have metal attached to my body. I can wear leather, wood, bone, ceramic, crystal, that sort of thing, but no metal. That said, the question is, can YOU pull it off. IOW, it isn't about the specific piece of jewelry or clothing so much as it's about you, your look, your attitude, your presentation. That's what determines whether something looks "elegant, original and stylish." If you're feeling "hesitant, unsure and shy" about wearing it, then that won't work. You have to feel bold, courageous, "in your face" and drop dead elegant with it on.

Exactly.

I love Sid Kassidy, I have one of the smaller, chain link bracelets which I wear most of the time. I also have one of the "twisted" cuffs and a bar necklace...one of the ones with a thin chain and then a group of rectangular bars as the focal point. I only wear those when I go out, and only one piece at a time......I usually pair them with skinny low-rise black jeans and a black silk T shirt. No one has ever accused me of looking fem, and since I usually end up going to straight clubs, I'm sure I'd hear about it lol...

Thanks everyone! I think I just need more self confidence because I really like them and want to wear them.
[MENTION=22470]Pyromancer[/MENTION]: Thanks for all the details. I was thinking of clothing like you describe. Minimalist outfits. And I also had a eye on this necklace you talk about!

for these things if you like them and you are shy, you must build confidence, start wearing small and discreet and from there build up, you can wear them with long sleeve at the beginning for example, simply be yourself

Wear what you like and what makes you happy.

One of my friends, who is a style fashionista, says I have no style at all Sad

But it got me wondering...

Has anyone ever seen the ads on FB about the "pay $X per month and get stylish clothes sent to you"? Are they worth it?